In high school hockey yesterday…
• Houghton scored three goals in the first period, and cruised to a 6-1 victory over Rochester. Brendan Miller, Landon Stevens and Tedd Halonen gave the Gremlins the early advantage. After a scoreless second period, Miller found the net again in the third, and Evan Labyak and Dane Johnson put the game away. Matthew Ryynanen stopped 12 shots in net.
In girls basketball tonight…
• Hancock plays at Houghton. Our coverage will begin around 7:00 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell travels to Wakefield-Marenisco.
• Baraga visits L’Anse.
• The Dollar Bay-Tamarack City game at Ewen-Trout Creek has been canceled.
In boys action tonight…
• Calumet journeys to Ishpeming.
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City plays at Ewen-Trout Creek.
In high school swimming today…
• Houghton visits Westwood.
The Division Two state Alpine Ski finals will be held today at Boyne Highlands. The Houghton girls team will be competing for team honors, and Houghton’s Reed Heathman will vie for individual honors.
The Northern Michigan University hockey squad lost 6-2 to Bowling Green State University yesterday.
The 19th-ranked Tech women’s team completed a weekend sweep at number-nine GVSU with a 54-44 victory yesterday. Ellie Mackay led the Huskies with 16 points.
The Northern men’s team defeated Davenport University 66-54 yesterday.
The Michigan Tech volleyball team completed a weekend sweep of Lake Superior State University with a 3-0 victory yesterday. Olivia Ghormley had a dozen kills.
Michigan Tech’s Anabel Needham took home the classic title at the CCSA Championships in Duluth Saturday. It was her first collegiate win.
The Detroit Red Wings host the Nashville Predators tomorrow. We’ll join the game in progress after Finlandia basketball on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons lost 105-96 to the Orlando Magic last evening. Jerami Grant led Detroit with 24 points.
The Pistons visit the Magic again tomorrow.
Detroit will play without guard Delon Wright for at least the next six games. He suffered a groin strain in Friday’s loss to Memphis.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.