The Detroit Tigers’ game against the Chicago White Sox was rained out yesterday. It will be made up as part of a day-night doubleheader on August 6th.
The Tigers have lost seven of their last nine games, and host the White Sox again this afternoon. Daniel Norris will start against Reynaldo Lopez. Coverage will begin at 12:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
Christian Yelich hit two more home runs yesterday, as the Milwaukee Brewers blanked the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-0. Yelich’s 12 and 13th home runs of the season pulled him into a tie with Prince Fielder for the most home runs by a Brewer in any month, with nine games remaining in April. Ryan Braun also homered. Chase Anderson threw five scoreless innings to earn the win..
The Brewers host the Dodgers again this afternoon. Brandon Woodruff will pitch against Clayton Kershaw.
Milwaukee third baseman Mike Moustakas left yesterday’s game with a bruised finger. The injury happened when he was struck by a ground ball. He’s considered day-to-day.
In the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs last night…
– The Dallas Stars downed the Nashville Predators 5-3. Dallas leads that series 3-2.
– The Saint Louis Blues edged the Winnipeg Jets 3-2. The Blues advance to the next round by winning that series 4-2.
– The Washington Capitols blanked the Carolina Hurricanes 6-0. Washington leads that set 3-2.
On today’s schedule…
– The Toronto Maple Leafs host the Boston Bruins. Toronto leads that series 3-2.
– The San Jose Sharks visit the Vegas Golden Knights. Vegas leads set 3-2.
Blake Griffin’s return made the score a bit more respectable, but the Detroit Pistons still lost to the Milwaukee Bucks in game three of their opening-round playoff series last night, 119-103. Griffin overcame his gimpy knee to score 27 for Detroit. Game four of the series will be played tomorrow in Detroit. Pregame coverage will begin at 7:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
In other NBA action last night…
– The Philadelphia 76ers got past the Brooklyn Nets 112-108. Philly leads that set 3-1.
– The Denver Nuggets outscored the San Antonio Spurs 117-103. San Antonio holds a 3-1 lead in that series.
– The Houston Rockets edged the Utah Jazz 104-101. Houston is up 3-0 in that set.
On the schedule today…
– The Boston Celtics visit the Indiana Pacers. Boston leads that series 3-0.
– The Los Angeles Clippers entertain the Golden State Warriors. Golden State is up 2-1 in that set.
– The Toronto Raptors visit the Orlando Magic. Toronto holds a 2-1 lead in that series.
– The Oklahoma City Thunder host the Portland Trail Blazers. Portland leads that set 2-1.
Wisconsin-Whitewater completed a four-game sweep of the Finlandia University baseball team yesterday, winning both ends of a doubleheader, 9-3 and 10-0. Brian Doyle and Austin Donahue each had two hits and scored a run in the opener. Joey Krug had two of the Lions’ four hits in the nightcap.
Email sports stories and game results to email@example.com.