Click on the blue highlights for additional details.
In high school hockey last night…
– Hancock blanked Negaunee 9-0 in a game that ended early because of the mercy rule.
– Jeffers skated past Cheboygan 4-2.
In hockey tonight…
– Houghton welcomes Birmingham Brother Rice.
– Calumet hosts Rochester Adams. Coverage will begin around 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Jeffers faces Gaylord at the DIII Challenge in Gaylord.
– Houghton entertains Rochester Adams. Pregame coverage begins around 12:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Hancock hosts Birmingham Brother Rice.
– Jeffers takes on Big Rapids at the DIII Challenge in Gaylord.
In high school boys basketball last night…
– Houghton defeated L’Anse 54-45.
– Hancock fell to Ewen-Trout Creek 78-35.
– Calumet lost to Negaunee 52-45.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell edged Watersmeet 47-44.
– Chassell swamped Baraga 76-35
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City cruised past Jeffers 69-39. Devin Schmitz led the Blue Bolts with 25 points, and Jaden Janke added 20.
In girls hoops last night…
– Calumet outscored West Iron County 61-51.
– L’Anse shut down Westwood 72-42.
On the girls schedule tonight…
– Houghton plays at Negaunee.
– Hancock welcomes Dollar Bay-Tamarack City.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell travels to Ewen-Trout Creek.
– Baraga hosts Ontonagon.
The Houghton swim team competes at Rudyard today.
The Finlandia University women’s basketball team earned its first victory of the season last night, edging Northland College 57-55. Kelsie Richards had 28 points for the Lions, including a crucial three-pointer in the final minute. She also grabbed 11 rebounds.
The Lions men’s basketball team plays at Crown College tonight.
The Finlandia men’s hockey team skates at the University of St. Thomas tonight, and at Wisconsin-Superior tomorrow night.
The Lions women’s hockey team hosts Concordia-Moorhead this weekend. Tonight’s game begins at 7:15, and will be broadcast on 99.3 The Lift. Tomorrow’s contest starts at noon.
Finlandia has added another women’s soccer player. Erika Lambert from Atoka, Tennessee, will join the team next season.
The Michigan Tech women’s basketball team pulled out an 85-81 overtime victory over Grand Valley State last night. Brenna Heise’s jump shot with 35 second remaining in the extra period finally gave the Huskies the lead for good. She added two free throws in the closing seconds to seal the win. Heise finished with 22 points, as all five Huskies starters finished with double figures.
The Tech men’s team defeated the Lakers 78-68. The Huskies built an early lead, and held on for the win. Kyle Monroe had 28 points and 13 rebounds.
Both MTU basketball teams play at Purdue Northwest tomorrow.
The Tech hockey team hosts Ferris State tonight and tomorrow night. Both games begin at 7:07 at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena.
The NMU hockey team plays at Bemidji State tonight and tomorrow night.
The Portage Lake Pioneers host the Fox Cities Ice Dogs in their home opener tonight. Faceoff will be around 9:15, following the Houghton High School game at Dee Stadium. The Pioneers visit the Monroe Blues tomorrow night.
The Calumet Wolverines face the Marquette Mutineers tonight at 7:00 at Meadowbrook Arena in L’Anse. The Wolverines will host the Fox Cities Ice Dogs tomorrow at 7:30 at the Colosseum.
The Detroit Pistons host the Golden State Warriors tonight. Tip-off is at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons’ G League team has a new coach. Rob Werdann has stepped down as coach of the Grand Rapids Drive, and will return to his former position in the Pistons’ scouting department. His assistant, Ryan Krueger, will take over.
The Detroit Red Wings entertain the St. Louis Blues tomorrow afternoon. Pregame coverage will begin at 12:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
In last night’s NFL game, the Atlanta Falcons came from behind to edge the New Orleans Saints 20-17.
On Sunday, the Detroit Lions visit the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a 1:00 game. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift. The Green Bay Packers visit the Cleveland Browns for a 1:00 game.
Email sports news and game results to email@example.com.