Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
In high school hockey last night…
• Houghton blanked Marquette 2-0. Both Gremlins goals came on power plays – Grant Schiable in the first period, and Connor Arko in the second. Bryant Lee made 20 saves to earn the win in net.
• Jeffers outscored Negaunee 6-3. Benton Rajala had a hat trick plus an assist. Kailob Bianco added two goals and two assists, Brogan Turner a goal and an assist, and Cage Osterman two assists. Kasen Helminen got the win in net.
The Michigan Tech men’s basketball team couldn’t overcome a cold start, and fell to Saint Cloud State 64-61 last night. The Huskies scored just 24 points in the first half, and trailed by nine at the break. They closed the gap to one point late in the game, but couldn’t complete the comeback. Marcus Tomashek led Tech with 21 points.
The Northern Michigan women’s team lost 70-61 to top-ranked Ashland yesterday afternoon. Makaylee Kuhn scored 23 for the Wildcats.
The NMU men’s team outscored Hillsdale 74-68 in overtime last evening. Sam Schultz had 21 points and 10 rebounds.
The Michigan Tech soccer team has added four new recruits for next season…
• Megan Antczak is from Waukesha, where her Kettle Moraine High School team reached the 2023 Wisconsin tournament finals.
• Amelia Gregory is an all-stater from Mounds View High School in Vadnais Heights, Minnesota.
• Clare Kowalczyk is a two-time all-stater from Goodrich High School in Michigan.
• Bella Vasoli is a two-time all-stater from Monticello High School in Minnesota.
Read more about the new Huskies here.
The Red Wings host the Devils tonight. Coverage will begin at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift. Alex Lyon is expected to get his second start of the season in goal for Detroit.
The Pistons visit the Pacers Friday. Coverage will begin at 7:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
Detroit got some good news from team doctors yesterday. Jalen Duren and Bojan Bogdanovic are both expected to return to practice this week. Duren has missed the last five games because of an injured right ankle. Bogdanovic has missed the entire season because of a right calf strain.
In tomorrow’s Thanksgiving Day games…
• The Lions host the Packers in a 12:30 contest, with the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift. Green Bay running back Aaron Jones will probably miss the game because of the knee injury he suffered in Sunday’s win over the Chargers. The good news is that his ACL is sprained, not torn, and he could return as early as next week.
• The Commanders visit the Cowboys for a 4:30 game on 99.3 The Lift.
• The Seahawks welcome the 49ers for an 8:20 match on 99.3 The Lift.
Because of the holiday tomorrow, please turn your picks in The Wolf Pro Football Challenge in by noon today at one of our sponsors.
The ace reliever who helped the Tigers win the 1984 World Series has died. Willie Hernández made 80 appearances that season, finished 68 games, and recorded 32 saves. He won the American League MVP and Cy Young awards. Hernández passed away Monday at his home in Florida at age 69.
High School Sports Broadcasts
- Friday – Hockey – Hancock at Calumet – Copper Island Classic Game One – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Saturday – Hockey – Hancock at Calumet – Copper Island Classic Game Two – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Monday – Boys Basketball – Jeffers at Houghton – 7:00 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.