In girls basketball last night…
• Baraga shut down Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 74-23.
• Jeffers stopped Republic-Michigamme 59-36.
On the boys schedule last night…
• L’Anse fell to Bessemer 54-22.
• Ontonagon earned its first win of the season, scrambling past Wakefield-Marenisco 57-53.
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City smothered Baraga 75-34. Connor LeClaire scored 21 for the Blue Bolts. Dollar Bay’s Davin Hill announced that he will play for Bay College next season.
• Jeffers stuffed Republic-Michigamme 83-34. Christian Hocking scored 26, and Johnny Schutz added 23, as the Jets sank 20 three-pointers.
In girls play tonight…
• Hancock journeys to Iron Mountain.
• Calumet travels to Gwinn.
• L’Anse entertains Bessemer.
• Ontonagon visits Wakefield-Marenisco.
In girls-boys doubleheaders…
• Houghton welcomes West Iron County
• Chassell plays at Lake Linden-Hubbell. Our coverage of the boys game will start around 7:00 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
Our coverage of the girls and boys Division Two and Three basketball tournaments begins Monday. See our broadcast schedule at KBear102.com.
Calumet will face Houghton for the regional hockey title tomorrow at 1:00 at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena. Our coverage will begin around 12:35 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com. The winner of that game will face either Alpena or Gaylord, who both won their regional semifinals last night.
The Michigan Tech soccer team begins its COVID-19-delayed season this afternoon at Davenport University.
The Tech volleyball team plays at Saginaw Valley State this afternoon and tomorrow.
The Lions are scheduled to play a doubleheader at Martin Luther College this afternoon.
The Finlandia football team has added a new recruit. Isaiah Roberson is a running back and defensive back from DeRidder, Louisiana.
Robby Fabbri’s hat trick powered the Detroit Red Wings to a 3-2 victory over the Dallas Stars last night. Jonathan Bernier had stopped all 22 shots he faced when he was forced off the ice following a collision late in the second period. Thomas Griess replaced him, and turned away 16 of 18 shots. It’s not known how seriously Bernier was hurt.
The Wings host the Stars again tomorrow. Coverage begins at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons visit the Houston Rockets tonight. Coverage will begin at 7:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Tigers had yesterday off, and will face the Toronto Blue Jays this afternoon. Casey Mize will pitch for Detroit.
In Cactus League action, the Milwaukee Brewers fell to the Los Angeles Angels 3-2 yesterday. Corbin Burnes pitched into the fourth inning, and gave up a run on two hits. Billy McKinney homered.
The Brewers will play the Arizona Diamondbacks this afternoon. Adrian Houser is scheduled to start.
Brandon Woodruff has been named Milwaukee’s opening day starter.
The National Football League has announced a new, $100 billion television deal. Fox keeps the Sunday daytime NFC games, and CBS holds on to the Sunday daytime AFC contests. NBC will continue to broadcast Sunday Night games, and Monday night games will remain on ESPN. The big change is the Thursday night contests, which will be streamed only on Amazon Prime. Local over-the-air broadcasts will be permitted in the teams’ home markets. The new arrangement will start in 2023.
Receiver Breshad Perriman has reportedly signed a one-year deal with the Detroit Lions. He played for the Jets last season. His father, Bret Perriman, played for the Lions in the ’90s. There are also reports that defensive end Charles Harris has agreed to join the Lions. He played for the Falcons last season.
Former Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky has signed a one-year deal with the Buffalo Bills.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.