Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
In volleyball last evening…
• Houghton edged Hancock 3-1 (28-26, 23-25, 26-24, 25-21) in a very tight Copper Spike match.
• Ontonagon got past Lake Linden-Hubbell 3-2 (15-25, 25-20, 25-19, 19-25, 15-12).
• Jeffers swept L’Anse 3-0 (26-24, 25-17, 25-17).
• Ironwood blanked Ewen-Trout Creek 3-0.
In volleyball tonight…
• Baraga plays at Dollar Bay-Tamarack City.
In volleyball tomorrow…
• Calumet competes at the Duluth Invitational.
At the Dollar Bay/Chassell Invitational cross country meet at the Chassell Trails yesterday…
• Jeffers edged out Houghton for the boys team title. Dollar Bay-Tamarack City finished third, followed by Ironwood and Republic-Michigamme. Amos Norland of the Blue Bolts finished first, with Houghton’s Cyrus Hamlin second.
• Houghton easily took the girls crown, followed by Calumet, Hancock and Gogebic. Tessa Rautiola and Claire Filpus of the Gremlins placed first and second individually.
• See full results here.
In high school football tonight…
• Houghton plays at Hancock in the annual Copper Bowl game. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Calumet entertains Gwinn. Coverage will start at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• The L’Anse game at West Iron County has been canceled because the Wykons have suspended their season.
• Ontonagon travels to Ironwood.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell hosts North Central at 1:30.
In JV football yesterday, Houghton won the Copper Cup, defeating Hancock 14-12.
The MTU football team welcomes Saginaw Valley State tomorrow at 1.
Northern entertains Post University for Homecoming tomorrow.
Finlandia visits Adrian College tomorrow.
The Tech volleyball team plays at Purdue Northwest tonight, and Wisconsin-Parkside tomorrow.
The Finlandia volleyball team competes at the Red Hawks invitational tomorrow, with matches against host Ripon College, and Maranatha Baptist.
The Michigan Tech soccer team plays at Davenport this afternoon, and Grand Valley State Sunday.
The Finlandia women’s soccer team has the weekend off.
The Finlandia men’s soccer team plays at Monmouth College this afternoon, and Edgewood College tomorrow.
The Tigers had yesterday off, and visit the White Sox tonight. Eduardo Rodriguez will start against Lucas Giolito. Coverage will begin at 7:50 on 99.3 The Lift
The Brewers stopped the Reds 5-1 yesterday. Each team collected just four hits, but three of Milwaukee’s were home runs by Kolten Wong. Brandon Woodruff gave up a run over six innings, and struck out 11.
The Brewers continue that series at Cincinnati tonight. Eric Lauer returns from the injured list to pitch against Mike Minor.
In last night’s NFL contest, the Browns got past the Steelers 29-17.
The Lions visit the Vikings for a 1 p.m. game Sunday. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
The Packers travel to Tampa Bay for a 4:25 game Sunday.
In the Sunday night contest, the 49ers visit the Broncos. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
The 60th Ottawa Sportsmen’s Club Turkey Shoot will be held Sunday at the clubhouse on M-38, just west of Pelkie. This is a family event that begins at 11:00, and runs through the afternoon. Activities for youth and adults include target shooting, archery, and trap shooting. Enjoy good food, and take part in the many raffles that will be offered.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
• Tonight – Houghton football plays at Hancock in the Copper Bowl contest. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Tonight – Calumet football hosts Gwinn. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.