In high school volleyball last evening…
– Calumet defeated L’Anse 3-0 (25-10, 25-8, 25-7). Molly Larson had seven kills and six service aces for the Copper Kings.
– Hancock v Houghton – no report.
– Chassell v Ontonagon – no report.
In volleyball tomorrow…
– Houghton competes at the Wright Invitational in Wrightstown, Wisconsin.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell and Jeffers play at the Ironwood-Hurley Invitational.
In cross country yesterday, the Houghton girls continued their dominance with a victory at their own meet on the Tech Trails. Chassell finished second, with Calumet third. Ingrid Seagren, Autumn Eles and Sage Resch-Chimmer swept the top three positions for the Gremlins. Ayla Miller, Paige Sleeman and Gwen Kangas from Chassell placed fourth, fifth and sixth.
The Houghton boys claimed an easy victory. Joe Wood took first place, with five other Gremlins finishing in the top-10. Jeffers was a distant second, Dollar Bay-Tamarack City was third, Chassell fifth, Calumet sixth, and Ewen-Trout Creek eighth.
See full results here.
In high school football tonight…
– Unbeaten Calumet entertains unbeaten Iron Mountain.
– Houghton travels to Gogebic. Pregame coverage will begin at 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Hancock hosts Westwood. Pregame coverage will start at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift and 993TheLift.com.
– L’Anse welcomes Negaunee.
– Ontonagon plays at Rapid River.
Tomorrow afternoon, Lake Linden-Hubbell welcomes West Iron County. We’ll provide bonus streaming coverage beginning at 1:10 exclusively through KBear102.com.
The Finlandia University volleyball team hosts its Sisu Classic this weekend. Today, Grace Christian faces Mount Mary at 6:00. The Lions take on Buena Vista at 8:00. Tomorrow, Finlandia faces Grace Christian at 9:00, Buena Vista takes on Grace Christian at 11:00, Buena Vista plays Mount Mary at 1:00, and Finlandia closes the Classic against Mount Mary at 3:00.
The Finlandia women’s soccer team plays at Grace Christian tomorrow afternoon.
The Finlandia football team entertains Olivet College tomorrow. Pregame coverage begins at 12:45 on 99.3 The Lift and 993TheLift.com.
The Michigan Tech soccer and volleyball teams both play at Northwood today. The volleyball team plays at Ferris State tomorrow.
The Tech football team is off this weekend.
The Northern Michigan University football team entertains Wayne State tomorrow.
The MTU hockey team begins its season with non-conference matches at Robert Morris University tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon.
The National League divisional playoff series opened last night. The Cardinals edged the Braves 7-6, and the Dodgers blanked the Nationals 6-0. Both of those series continue today.
The American League divisional series open today, with the Astros hosting the Rays, and the Twins visiting the Yankees.
In last night’s NFL contest, the Seattle Seahawks held off the Los Angeles Rams 30-29. The Rams missed a 44-yard field goal with 15 seconds remaining that would have won the game.
On Sunday, the Green Bay Packers visit the Dallas Cowboys for a 4:25 game. The Detroit Lions have this weekend off.
Email sports news and game results to email@example.com.