Click on the highlights scores for more game details.
In girls basketball last night…
• Houghton downed Marquette 66-50. The Gremlins improve to 14-1.
• Calumet downed Westwood 73-51.
• Hancock smothered West Iron County 66-33. Bella Hebert scored 19 for the Bulldogs, who improve to 14-1.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell got past Jeffers 56-47. Cleo Milkey led the Lakes with 27 points, and Raena Kangas paced the Jets with 18.
• Ontonagon outscored L’Anse 55-34.
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City defeated Chassell 53-45. Ashlea Datto scored 27 for the Blue Bolts. Trisha Pietila had 15 for the Panthers.
• Ewen-Trout Creek stuffed Watersmeet 47-27.
In boys action…
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City stopped Chassell 60-39.
• Watersmeet defeated Ewen-Trout Creek 69-54.
On the boys schedule tonight…
• Calumet hosts L’Anse. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Hancock travels to Gwinn.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell tips off at Jeffers.
• Baraga welcomes Republic-Michigamme.
• Ontonagon plays at Ironwood.
On tonight’s girls’ schedule…
• Calumet visits Negaunee.
• Jeffers journeys to Wakefield-Marenisco.
In hockey tonight…
• Hancock hosts Negaunee.
The Houghton swim team entertains Marquette today.
The Michigan Tech football program has released its 2023 schedule.
The Huskies will open at home September 9th against Hillsdale College. Other non-conference matchups will include games at Wisconsin-Platteville and Upper Iowa early in the season, and a home game against Minot State in November. The Miner’s Cup game against Northern Michigan will take place October 14th in Marquette.
See the full schedule here.
Michigan Tech’s Blake Pietila has again been named the Central Collegiate Hockey Association’s Goaltender of the Week. It the third straight week in which Pietila has claimed the honor, and the sixth time this season. Pietila made 62 saves, as the Huskies swept Bemidji State.
The Calumet Wolverines host the Portage Lake Pioneers tonight at 7:30 at the Colosseum.
The Wings return from the all-star break tonight, with a home game against the Oilers. Coverage will begin at 7:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons lost to the Celtics 111-99 last night. Bojan Bogdanovic scored 21 for Detroit.
The Pistons visit the Cavaliers tomorrow. Coverage will begin at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tonight – Calumet boys basketball hosts L’Anse. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Thursday – Calumet hockey hosts Marquette. Coverage will begin at 6:10 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Thursday – Both Houghton basketball teams play at Hancock in the annual Wing Ding competition. Coverage will begin around 5:25, with the boys game first, and the girls following, on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Friday – Houghton hockey skates at Hancock in the annual Wing Ding game. Coverage will begin at 7:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Monday – Houghton girls basketball plays at Calumet. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org