Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
In high school hockey Saturday evening…
• Houghton defeated Hartland 4-2. Grant Schaible scored his first two career varsity goals for the Gremlins. Connor Raffaelli added a goal, and Jay Halonen sealed the win with a late empty-netter. Bryant Lee got the win in net, as Houghton outshot the Eagles 41-19.
• Hancock entertains Hartland at 2:00.
At the state high school volleyball finals Saturday…
• In Division Four, Clarkston Everest outfought Leland 3-2.
• In Division Three, Kalamazoo Christian defeated Traverse City Saint Francis 3-1.
• In Division Two, North Branch blanked Grand Rapids West Catholic 3-0.
• In Division One, Farmington Hills Mercy edged Forest Hills 3-2.
In the eight-player football championships Saturday…
• In division one, Martin came from 20 points down in the final six-and-a-half minutes to defeat Inland Lakes 30-26. Clippers quarterback Gavin Meyers ran 21 yards for the winning score with five seconds remaining.
• In division two, Adrian Lenawee Christian defeated Marion 36-18.
In 11-player semifinals Saturday…
• In division eight, Ubly downed Beal City 24-6. SF2 Whiteford outscored Riverview Gabriel Richard 35-6.
• In division seven, Menominee dispatched North Muskegon 32-21. Jackson Lumen Christi defeated Millington 35-7.
• In division six, Kingsley eliminated Reed City 37-7. Almont downed Ovid-Elsie 45-21.
• In division five, Grand Rapids Catholic Central smothered Frankenmuth 35-0. Corunna wiped out Flat Rock 49-0.
• In division four, Grand Rapids South Christian defeated Portland 21-6. Harper Woods got past Goodrich 35-24.
• In division three, Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central edged Zeeland West 18-14. Mason got past Detroit Martin Luther King 26-20.
• In division two, Muskegon thumped East Lansing 42-7. Warren De La Salle Collegiate dispatched Waterford Mott 45-19.
• Belleville overpowered Davison 63-21. Southfield Arts and Technology shaded West Bloomfield 40-35.
The 11-player finals will be staged next Saturday and Sunday in Detroit.
Michigan Tech’s volleyball season ended with a 3-1 (13-25, 10-25, 25-23, 16-25) loss to top-seeded Grand Valley State in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference tournament semifinals Saturday. The Lakers will face Ferris State for the title today.
The Michigan Tech men’s basketball team outscored Missouri-Saint Louis 83-75 Saturday. Marcus Tomashek paced the Huskies with a career-best 33 points.
The Tech women’s team will host Ashland today at 1:00.
The NMU men’s team nearly overcame a late 26-point deficit, but fell 108-101 at Concordia-Saint Paul Saturday afternoon. Brian Parzych led the Wildcats with 25 points. NMU was assessed five technical fouls, including two against coach Matt Majkrzak, who was ejected from the contest.
The Michigan Tech hockey team salvaged a weekend split with Ferris State with a 3-2 victory Saturday night. Logan Pietila and Tyrone Bronte scored in the second period for the Huskies, and Marcus Pederson’s tally early in the third period was the game-winner. Blake Pietila made 26 saves.
The Northern hockey team fell to Alaska 3-1 Saturday.
The Red Wings host the Devils Wednesday. Coverage will begin at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons visit the Raptors this afternoon.
The Lions entertain the Bears in a 1:00 game today on 99.3 The Lift.
The Packers welcome the Chargers in a 1:00 contest.
High School Sports Broadcasts
- Tuesday – Hockey – Marquette at Houghton – 6:10 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Friday – Hockey – Hancock at Calumet – Copper Island Classic Game One – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Saturday – Hockey – Hancock at Calumet – Copper Island Classic Game Two – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.