In high school hockey last night…
– Houghton edged Marquette 3-2. Carson Stevens had two early goals, and Tucker Tapani netted the game-winner. Jimmy Pietila made 33 saves.
– Goals by Kyler Hillstrom, Jackson Rocchi and Nathan Wakeham gave Jeffers an early 3-0 lead, but the Jets then gave up six unanswered goals, and lost to Negaunee 6-3. Jack Mattias scored four consecutive goals to power the Miners’ comeback.
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Houghton High School basketball standout Brad Simonson will play college hoops at Michigan Tech. Simonson averaged 21 points and 10 rebounds per game for the Gremlins last season as a junior, and was a U.P. First Team honoree.
The Finlandia University women’s basketball team defeated the College of Saint Scholastica 78-58 last night. Katie Lundeen led the Lions with 23 points. Carsyn Osterman added 18.
The Lions men’s team fell to Saint Scholastica 92-85 in overtime. Stef Marzette’s short jump shot with three seconds remaining in regulation forced the extra period. Marzette and Dylan Underwood each scored 19.
The Detroit Red Wings will host the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight. Coverage begins at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Wings will be without Anthony Mantha for at least two weeks. He’s recovering from a lower body injury suffered during Saturday’s game.
The Detroit Pistons will visit the Charlotte Hornets this evening.
On the Thanksgiving NFL schedule tomorrow…
– The Detroit Lions host the Chicago Bears at 12:30.
– The Buffalo Bills visit the Dallas Cowboys at 4:30.
– The Atlanta Falcons welcome the New Orleans Saints at 8:20.
Hear all the games on 99.3 The Lift.
Because of the holiday, this week’s picks in The Wolf Pro Football Challenge must be turned by noon today at one of our sponsors.
Our high school sports broadcasts continue Tuesday. The Jeffers hockey team skates at Kingsford. Pregame coverage starts at 6:40 on KBear and KBear102.com. The girls basketball season opens as Dollar Bay-Tamarack City entertains Bessemer. Pregame coverage begins at 6:10 on 99.3 The Lift and 993TheLift.com.
Email sports news and game results to email@example.com.