At the high school softball season Spring Swing at the Superior Dome in Marquette Saturday…
• Lake Linden-Hubbell trounced Baraga 16-4.
• The Hancock JV blanked Gwinn 20-0.
• Houghton shut out Northland Pines 14-0.
• Hancock stopped Newberry 19-0.
• The Hancock JV and Calumet JV played to an 8-8 tie.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell got past Pickford 7-4.
• Calumet lost to Bonduel 11-1.
• Houghton blanked Newberry 14-0.
• Calumet plays Menominee at 8:00.
• The Escanaba JV meets the Calumet JV at 11:00.
• Houghton faces Kingsford at 12:30 – hear the broadcast on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Calumet plays Norway at 2:00 – hear the broadcast on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• The Calumet JV takes on the Kingsford JV at 3:30.
See the full schedule and results for all teams here.
The Finlandia University softball team is scheduled to play two at Wisconsin-Superior this afternoon.
The Finlandia baseball team will play doubleheaders at Wisconsin-Platteville today and tomorrow.
Denver University exploded for five goals in the third period, and defeated Minnesota State to win the NCAA Division One hockey championship Saturday.
Jack Roslovic’s third goal of the game lifted the Columbus Blue Jackets to a 5-4 overtime victory over the Detroit Red Wings Saturday night. Jakub Vrana scored twice for Detroit. Alex Nedeljkovic made 28 saves, and took the loss in net. The defeat officially eliminated Detroit from the NHL playoffs for the sixth straight season.
The Wings host the Ottawa Senators Tuesday. Coverage will begin at 7:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons conclude their season at Philadelphia this evening. Coverage will begin at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Tigers lost 5-2 to the Chicago White Sox Saturday afternoon. Casey Mize gave up two runs in the first inning, then left the game after giving up two-run homer to Yasmani Grandal in the sixth. Austin Meadows and Javier Báez each had two hits.
The Tigers host the White Sox again this afternoon. Tarik Skubal will start against Michael Kopech. Coverage begins at 12:50 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Milwaukee Brewers collected just four hits in a 9-0 loss to the Chicago Cubs Saturday. Brandon Woodruff gave up seven runs before leaving in the fourth inning. Five players were hit by pitches in a testy game in which the benches cleared for an animated group discussion in the eighth inning.
Those teams will play again this afternoon in Chicago. Freddy Peralta will start against Marcus Stroman.
Upcoming Local Sports Broadcasts
• Today – Softball (Spring Swing at Superior Dome) – Houghton v Kingsford – 12:10 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Today – Softball (Spring Swing at Superior Dome) – Calumet v Norway – 1:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.