High school baseball regional championship games will be played today…
• In Division Three, Houghton will face Standish-Sterling at 10:00 at Harbor Springs. Coverage will begin at 9:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf. There is rain in the forecast for Harbor Springs, but hopefully not until after the game.
• In Division Four, Jeffers will play Johannesburg-Lewiston at 10:00 at Rudyard. Again, rain is predicted, but hopefully after the game.
The Division Four softball regional tournament will be played today at Norway…
• Hancock meets Pickford in the first semifinal at 11:00 Eastern Time. Coverage of the Bulldogs will begin at 10:40 on KBear 102.3.
• Ishpeming faces Norway in the second semifinal at 2:00 Eastern Time.
• The championship game will begin at 5:00 Eastern Time. There is rain in the forecast all day at Norway, so be prepared for schedule changes.
The NHL Eastern Conference championship series continues tonight in Florida. The Lightning lead the Rangers 3-2.
In the NBA championship series last night, the Warriors downed the Celtics 107-97. That series is tied 2-2, and continues Monday in Oakland.
Elvin Rodriguez struggled, as the Tigers suffered an ugly 10-1 loss to the Blue Jays last night. Rodriguez was tagged for eight runs before leaving in the fifth inning.
After the game, Rodriguez was sent back to Triple-A Toledo. Team officials hope pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez will be ready to come back from the injury list to fill that rotation spot next week.
The Tigers host the Blue Jays again this afternoon. Beau Brieske will pitch against Kevin Gausman. Coverage will begin at 3:50 on 99.3 The Lift.
Detroit will finish the season without pitcher Casey Mize. After a setback in his rehab for an elbow issue, the prized prospect will undergo Tommy John ligament replacement surgery. Typical recovery time is 12 to 18 months.
The Brewers dropped their seventh straight game last night, 11-5 to the Nationals. Aaron Ashby pitched into the fifth, giving up six runs on 13 hits. Jace Peterson homered.
The Brewers visit the Nationals again this afternoon. Eric Lauer will start against Patrick Corbin.
Milwaukee will be without starter Brandon Woodruff for longer than expected. While rehabbing a sprained ankle, Woodruff began feeling numbness in his pitching hand. The diagnosis is Raynaud’s syndrome, which reduces blood flow to the extremities. A treatment regimen is being devised.
This is Michigan’s Free Fishing Weekend. Today and tomorrow, anyone can fish without a license. All other rules remain in effect.
The Keweenaw Bay Classic Fishing Tournament for lake trout and salmon is underway on Keweenaw and Huron Bays. More than 130 teams are registered
The Rice Lake Fishing Derby for walleye and northern pike takes place tomorrow. Register this evening between 6:00 and 8:00, or tomorrow morning beginning at 7:00 at the Lake Linden-Hubbell Sportsmen’s Club clubhouse.
Fees will also be waived for use of Michigan’s state parks, harbors and boat launches this weekend, along with ORV trails.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.