Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
Michigan Tech’s hockey season ended with an 8-0 rout at the hands of Penn State in the NCAA Division I tournament last night. The Nittany Lions outshot the Huskies 39-24.
Penn State will face Michigan in the Allentown regional championship game tomorrow night. The Wolverines dispatched Colgate 11-1.
The Munising boys basketball team will face defending champion Wyoming Tri-Unity Christian in the Division Four state title game this morning. Tip-off is at 10:00. Hear the broadcast on KBear 102.3.
In the other boys championship games…
• In Division Three, Flint Beecher will play Traverse City St. Francis at 4:30.
• In Division Two, Ferndale meets Grand Rapids South Christian at 6:45.
• In Division One, Cass Tech plays Muskegon at 12:15.
On the opening day of the annual Spring Swing Softball Invitational at the Superior Dome yesterday…
• L’Anse lost to the Negaunee JV 20-0.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell edged Niagara 4-3.
• The Calumet JV outscored the Wittenberg-Birnamwood JV 13-3.
• L’Anse fell to Florence 21-0.
• Calumet lost to Wittenberg-Birnamwood 12-5.
On today’s schedule for local teams…
• Lake Linden-Hubbell v Florence – 10:30 – Field Two
• Hurley JV v Houghton JV – 3:00 – Field Two
• Calumet JV v Kingsford JV – 4:30 – Field Two
• Hancock v Bonduel – 6:00 – Field One
• Calumet v Lake Linden-Hubbell – 6:00 – Field Two – broadcast on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3
• Calumet JV v Bonduel JV – 7:30 – Field One
• Marquette v Houghton – 7:30 – Field Two – broadcast on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf
• Kingsford JV v Houghton JV – 9:00 – Field One
• Calumet v Negaunee – 9:00 – Field Two – broadcast on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
The Portage Lake Pioneers earned their ninth straight win with a 6-3 triumph over the Calumet Wolverines last night at Dee Stadium.
The Wolverines host the Marquette Mutineers tonight at 7:30 at the Colosseum.
The Red Wings visit the Flyers today. Coverage will begin at 12:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons fell behind early, and lost 118-97 to the Raptors last night. Jaden Ivey scored 20 for Detroit.
The Pistons welcome the Bucks Monday. Coverage begins at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Tigers and Pirates played to a 6-6 Grapefruit League tie yesterday. Nick Maton hit his fifth homer of the spring. Eduardo Rodriguez pitched into the sixth, and gave up three runs on nine hits.
The Tigers play the Blue Jays this evening. Matthew Boyd will start for Detroit. Coverage will begin at 6:00 on 99.3 The Lift.
Starting pitcher Michael Lorenzen will open the season on the disabled list. He’s battling a groin strain. Joey Wentz will take his place in the rotation. Infielder Tyler Nevin will also miss the start of the season, with a sore oblique. Reliever Will Vest was among those sent down to the minors yesterday.
Half of the Brewers settled for a 6-6 tie with the Dodgers in Cactus League action yesterday. Josh VanMeter and Mike Brosseau homered. Wade Miley pitched into the fifth, and gave up three runs. The other half of the Brewers lost 9-4 to the Rockies. Garrett Mitchell homered. Corbin Burnes gave up five runs on 10 hits over five innings.
The Brewers play the Athletics today. Adrian Houser will start for Milwaukee.
Keston Hiura’s time with the Brewers appears to be coming to an end. General manager Matt Arnold said yesterday that the former first-round draft pick will not make the opening-day roster. If the team can’t find a trade partner, they’ll likely lose him when he’s put on waivers.
The Lions have re-signed backup quarterback Nate Sudfeld.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.