In high school boys basketball tonight…
– Houghton entertains Kingsford in a make-up game from December 9th. Our broadcast will begin around 7:00 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell hosts Republic-Michigamme.
– Jeffers welcomes Ontonagon.
– L’Anse travels to at Wakefield-Marenisco.
– Ewen-Trout Creek plays at Bessemer.
In girls hoops tonight…
– Houghton journeys to Iron Mountain.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City plays at L’Anse.
Western Collegiate Hockey Association
Logan Pietila’s goal with 2:05 remaining lifted the Michigan Tech hockey team to a 3-2 win over Arizona State last evening. Trenton Bliss and Alex Smith also scored for Tech, and Matt Jurusik made 21 saves. The win earned the Huskies a weekend split with the 17th-ranked Sun Devils.
The Detroit Red Wings fell 4-2 to the Chicago Blackhawks last night. Detroit opened up a quick 2-0 lead, with goals by Filip Zadina and Luke Glendening, but the Hawks scored four straight off Jimmy Howard to take the game.
The Wings host the Montreal Canadiens tomorrow. Coverage will begin at 7:10 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons lost 106-99 to the Los Angeles Lakers last night. Derrick Rose led Detroit with 28 points.
The Pistons visit the Cleveland Cavaliers tomorrow.
In the NFL playoffs yesterday…
– Minnesota upended New Orleans 26-20 in overtime.
– Seattle eliminated Philadelphia 17-9.
That sets up next weekend’s Divisional games…
– On Saturday, the Vikings visit the 49ers, and the Ravens host the Titans.
– On Sunday, the Texans visit the Chiefs, and the Packers host the Seahawks.
Hear all of the NFL playoff games, including the Super Bowl, on 99.3 The Lift.
At the U.S. Cross Country Ski Championships on the Tech Trails yesterday…
– In the men’s 30k Classic, Erik Bjornsen of the APU Nordic Ski Center took the title, 3.5 seconds ahead of Kyle Bratrud. Kjetil Baanerud from Northern Michigan University placed eighth.
– In the women’s 20k Classic, Hailey Swirbul from the APU Nordic Ski Center edged out Caitlin Patterson by one second to earn the title.
– In the boys 10k Classic, Luke Jager from the University of Utah was the winner. From the Copper Country Ski Tigers, Joe Wood finished 50th, and Michael Fraley 95th.
– In the girls 7.5k Classic, Sydney Palmer Leger from the Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation placed first. Autumn Eles from the Copper Country Ski Tigers finished 96th.
Link to full results here.
The competition will wrap up tomorrow.
Email sports news and game results to email@example.com.