Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
In high school hockey last night…
• Jeffers fell to Kingsford 3-1.
In hockey tonight…
• Houghton welcomes Bay Port. The unbeaten Gremlins are ranked number-two in the state of Michigan. The Pirates are ranked number-two in the state of Wisconsin. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Hancock hosts De Pere.
• Calumet entertains De Pere. Coverage begins at 3:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Hancock hosts Bay Port for a 1:00 game.
In boys basketball last evening…
• Houghton pulled away in the second half, and defeated Calumet 60-41. Mikko Salmi led the Gremlins with 17 points, and Kyle Primeau added 15. Alan Bjorn scored 12 for the Copper Kings.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell lost to Watersmeet 67-55. Matt Len and Gabe Popko each scored 18 for the Lakes.
• Jeffers blasted Wakefield-Marenisco 94-54. Levi Frahm had 33 points and grabbed 17 rebounds for the Jets. Matthew Schutz added 20 points, and Tavin Larson scored 18. The Jets remain unbeaten.
• Chassell lost at Ewen-Trout Creek 58-45.
• L’Anse fell at Ontonagon 58-53.
In girls action last night…
• Houghton stopped Kingsford 59-43.
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City outscored Bessemer 54-39. Ashlea Datto scored her 1,000th career point.
• The Baraga game at Ironwood was postponed. It will be played as part of a girls-boys doubleheader tonight.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell defeated Watersmeet 65-41. Emily Jokela scored 17 for the Lakes.
• Jeffers downed Wakefield-Marenisco 56-40. Sara Johnson paced the Jets with 22 points.
• Chassell lost at Ewen-Trout Creek 63-28.
• L’Anse outscored Ontonagon 67-54.
On the boys schedule tonight…
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City visits Bessemer.
• Ewen-Trout Creek journeys to Stephenson.
In girls action this evening…
• Calumet welcomes Escanaba.
In a girls-boys doubleheader…
• Baraga travels to Ironwood.
The Houghton ski team at the Norway Invitational yesterday – no report.
Both Houghton swim teams lost at Marquette yesterday – the girls 141-42, and the boys 123-62. Josh Bennett won the 500 freestyle and Johannes Myhre took the 100 butterfly for the Gremlins. See full results here.
The Michigan Tech women’s basketball team’s late comeback fell just short last night, in a 63-60 loss at Ferris State. Isabella Lenz scored 19 for the Huskies. The men’s team lost 78-50 to the Bulldogs. Brad Simonson scored 11.
Both Tech teams play at Lake Superior State tomorrow.
Northern Michigan earned a split at Lake Superior State last evening, with the women earing a 50-34 victory, and the men falling 65-61.
Both Northern teams visit Ferris State tomorrow.
The Finlandia men’s basketball team plays at Wisconsin-Superior tonight, and Wisconsin-Stout tomorrow.
The Finlandia women’s team tips off at Wisconsin-Oshkosh tonight, and Beloit tomorrow.
The 13th-ranked Michigan Tech hockey team faces Northern Michigan in a home-and-home series this weekend. Tonight’s game is in Houghton at 7:07. Tomorrow’s game is in Marquette.
The Finlandia women’s team skates at Lawrence University this afternoon and tomorrow.
The Finlandia men’s team visits the Milwaukee School of Engineering tonight and tomorrow.
The Calumet Wolverines entertain the Fond du Lac Bears tonight at 7:30 at the Colosseum.
The Portage Lake Pioneers host the Bears tomorrow at 7:30 at Dee Stadium.
Robby Fabbri’s overtime goal lifted the Red Wings to a 4-3 victory over the Canadiens last night. Michael Rasmussen, Jonatan Berggren and Oskar Sundqvist scored in regulation for Detroit. Ville Husso made 20 saves.
The Wings visit the Islanders tonight. Coverage will begin at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons snapped their four-game losing streak with a 130-122 victory over the Nets last evening. Eight Detroit players scored in double figures, led by Saddiq Bey with 25.
The Pistons host the Rockets tomorrow. Coverage will begin at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
The NFL Conference championship games will be played Sunday…
• The Eagles host the 49ers for the NFC crown at 3:00.
• The Chiefs welcome the Bengals for the AFC title at 6:30.
Hear both games on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tonight – Houghton hockey hosts Bay Port. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Tomorrow – Calumet hockey welcomes De Pere. Coverage begins at 3:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Monday – Calumet girls basketball entertains Hancock. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Monday – Houghton girls basketball welcomes Westwood. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Tuesday – Calumet hockey plays at Hancock. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.