In high school hockey last evening…
– Calumet routed Negaunee 10-0 in a game that ended after two periods because of the mercy rule. Lincoln Beiring had a hat trick. Scott Loukus had a goal and six assists. Dean Loukus scored twice, and had four assists. Nick Djerf, Alex Mattila, Noah Jukuri and Cam Kauppinen also scored. The Copper Kings outshot the Miners 43-5.
– Jeffers fell to Kingsford 4-3. Goals by Luke Marcotte, Nolan Asiala and Jackson Rocchi staked the Jets to an early lead, but two shorthanded tallies in the third period gave the Flivvers the win.
In girls high school basketball last night…
– Houghton edged Ontonagon 67-63.
– Baraga shut down Lake Linden-Hubbell 76-31. Allison Durant led the Vikings with 18 points. Melissa Wagner had nine for the Lakes.
– Chassell stopped Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 44-26.
– L’Anse overpowered Wakefield-Marenisco 77-21. Addison Mattson and Maija Rice each scored 20 for the Purple Hornets.
On the boys schedule, L’Anse fell to Ewen-Trout Creek 58-48. Eli Ostermeyer led the Purple Hornets with 24 points. Jaden Borseth had 18 for the Panthers.
It’s Wing Ding in Houghton tonight. The Gremlins will host Hancock in the boys basketball game at 6:00. Our coverage will begin around 5:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com. The Houghton Hockey team will face Hancock at 7:30 at Dee Stadium.
In other boys basketball action tonight…
– Calumet hosts West Iron County.
– L’Anse plays at Lake Linden-Hubbell, as Spirit Week wraps up for the Lakes.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City entertains Ontonagon.
– Jeffers tips off at Chassell.
– Baraga welcomes Republic-Michigamme.
In girls play tonight, Calumet travels to West Iron County for a make-up game from December 12th.
Tomorrow, the Lake Linden-Hubbell girls entertain Ishpeming. The JV contest will start at 1:00, and the varsity at 2:30.
In hockey tomorrow, Calumet entertains Notre Dame De La Baie.
The U.P. high school swimming championships will be held at Marquette High School this weekend. The diving events will take place today, and the swimming events tomorrow.
Western Collegiate Hockey Association
The Michigan Tech hockey team skates at Ferris State University tonight and tomorrow night.
The Northern Michigan University hockey team hosts Bemidji State University tonight and tomorrow.
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Both Michigan Tech basketball teams lost at Ferris State last night.
The women couldn’t recover from a cold second quarter, and fell 79-70. Hannah Hobson led the Huskies with 17 points.
The men dropped a 76-71 decision. Kyle Monroe scored 31, and tied Larry Grimes for the all-time Huskies career scoring mark, with 2,360 points.
Both Tech teams play at Lake Superior State tomorrow.
Both NMU teams play at Ferris tomorrow.
The Finlandia University men’s hockey team wraps up its season with home games against Marian University this weekend. We’ll broadcast both contests on 99.3 the The Lift and 993TheLift.com, with tonight’s pregame at 6:55, and tomorrow’s at 3:40.
The Finlandia women’s hockey team hosts Concordia-Wisconsin tomorrow evening and Sunday. Our pregame coverage of Sunday’s contest will begin at 2:10 on 99.3 The Lift.
Both Finlandia basketball teams play at Holy Family College in Manitowoc tomorrow.
The Finlandia softball team will host its annual Dome Classic at the Superior Dome this weekend. The Lions will face Wisconsin-Stevens Point and Concordia-Wisconsin tomorrow evening, and Northland College and Wisconsin-Superior Sunday.
Lake Linden-Hubbell standout Megan Corrigan will join the Finlandia softball team next season. Corrigan was the 2019 Copper Mountain Conference Player of the Year.
The Calumet Wolverines host the West Bend Bombers tonight, and the De Pere Deacons tomorrow night. Both games begin at 7:30 at the Colosseum.
The Portage Lake Pioneers host the Bombers tomorrow night at 7:30, and the Deacons Sunday afternoon at 1:00.
The Detroit Red Wings lost 4-1 to the New Jersey Devils last night. Andreas Athanasiou scored Detroit’s only goal. All of the Devils’ scoring came in the third period off Jonathan Bernier.
The Wings visit the Boston Bruins tomorrow afternoon. Coverage begins at 12:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons are off for the All-Star break, and return to action Thursday, when they host the Milwaukee Bucks. Coverage begins at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
Email sports news and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.