Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
The Lake Linden-Hubbell football team’s season ended with a 45-6 loss at North Central last night in an eight-player Division Two regional title game. James Milkey’s 28-yard toss to Sam Roberts provided the Lakes’ only score. Milkey rushed for 88 yards on 31 carries. North Central will play at Marion in a clash of unbeaten teams in the state semifinals next week.
In other games involving U.P. teams…
• In eight-player Division One, Munising eliminated Newberry 58-12. The Mustangs will host Merrill in another battle of unbeaten teams in the state semifinals next week.
In 11-player football district finals…
• In Division Eight, Iron Mountain ousted Bark River-Harris 32-16. The Mountaineers will host Evart in the regionals next week.
• In Division Six, the Menominee at Negaunee game was postponed to today at 1:00, following a car crash involving some Negaunee students.
• In Division Five, Kingsford plays at Gladwin this afternoon.
In the high school volleyball tournament…
• In Division Four, Jeffers claimed a district title by sweeping Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 3-0 (25-11, 25-13, 25-20) last night. Kaeda Rajala led the Jets with 10 kills, and Hanna Larson landed six aces. Jeffers will face Ironwood in the regional semifinal Tuesday at 7:00 at Baraga. Forest Park and Stephenson will play in the other regional semifinal.
• In Division Three, Bark River-Harris dispatched Manistique 3-1 to win its district title. The Broncos will face Calumet in the regional semifinal Tuesday at 6:00 at Westwood. Coverage will begin at 5:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3. Charlevoix and Elk Rapids will play in the other regional semifinal.
The Michigan Tech football team plays at Hillsdale today.
Northern Michigan hosts Saginaw Valley State.
Finlandia concludes its season at Greenville University in Illinois.
Logan Ganie’s third-period goal lifted the MTU hockey team to a 3-2 victory at Bowling Green last night. Parker Saretsky and Ryland Mosely also scored, and Blake Pietila made 41 saves. Those teams skate again tonight in Ohio.
NMU shut down Lake Superior State 4-1 last night. Those teams face off again tonight at the Soo.
The Finlandia women’s team lost 8-0 to Concordia-Moorhead last night. The Lions were outshot 51-12. Those teams meet again this afternoon at 4:00 at the Houghton County Arena.
The Michigan Tech volleyball team stopped Parkside 3-1 (25-19, 23-25, 25-17, 25-19) yesterday. Meg Raabe matched her season-high with 22 kills. Lina Espejo-Ramirez had 47 assists and 13 digs. The Huskies host Purdue Northwest today at 4:00.
College Cross Country
At the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference cross country championships yesterday, the Tech men’s team finished third, and the women’s team placed fourth. Clayton Sayen and Drew Kolodge were placed fifth and sixth, respectively, and earned First Team All-GLIAC honors.
The Portage Lake Pioneers outscored the Calumet Wolverines 6-3 last evening at the Colosseum. Those teams will face off again tonight at 7:30 at Dee Stadium.
The Red Wings will visit the Kings tonight. Coverage will begin at 10:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons’ struggles continued with a 112-88 loss to the Cavaliers last night. Cade Cunningham scored 19 points, and Saddiq Bey and Jaden Ivey each added 18.
The Pistons visit the Thunder Monday.
The Astros host the Phillies as the World Series resumes this evening. Houston leads the fall classic 3-2.
Riley Greene has been named Tiger of the Year by the Detroit chapter of the Baseball Writers Association of America. He’s the first rookie to claim the honor since Mark Fidrych in 1976.
• The Lions host the Packers in a 1:00 game on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tuesday – Calumet volleyball faces Bark River-Harris in a regional semifinal at Westwood. Coverage will begin at 5:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and results to firstname.lastname@example.org.