Click on the highlighted scores for full stories.
In boys’ high school basketball last night…
– Houghton fell to Ishpeming 51-45. Nate Gockenbach scored 23 for the Gremlins.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell remained unbeaten, with a 62-33 win over Hancock.
– Jeffers lost to Republic-Michigamme 56-47.
– Chassell fell to Watersmeet 74-59.
– L’Anse defeated Baraga 63-47.
– Ewen-Trout Creek stifled Ontonagon 72-35.
– The Calumet – Dollar Bay score was not reported.
MTU – Kero, Pietila Honored
Michigan Tech hockey co-captains Tanner Kero and Blake Pietila have been named WCHA Co-Offensive Players of the Week. Each had five points in Tech’s series sweep of Alabama-Huntsville, and both players notched their 100th career point on Saturday.
The Michigan Tech women’s basketball team has moved up to 13th in the latest Division II Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Poll.
NHL – Red Wings Resting
The Red Wings return to action tomorrow night, when they play at Colorado. Faceoff is at 9:00 on AM 1400 and FM 99.3 WCCY.
Detroit goalie Jimmy Howard practiced with the team yesterday for the first time since tearing a groin muscle nearly a month ago. Howard hopes to be ready for the Wings’ game against Pittsburgh a week from tonight.
NBA – Pistons Cool Heat
The Pistons cooled off the Heat last night 108-91. Detroit put the game away early, with a 25-1 run in the first quarter. D.J. Augustin had 25 points and 13 assists. The Pistons play at Indiana tonight. Tip-off is at 7:00 on AM 1400 and FM 99.3 WCCY.
Our high school hockey coverage continues Tuesday night, when Hancock entertains Houghton in the annual Wing Ding game. Hear the Copper Country’s most complete hockey and basketball coverage this winter on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.