In high school cross country today…
• Houghton, Calumet and Hancock will be among the teams competing at the West Iron County Invitational.
The Michigan Tech soccer team edged Wisconsin-Parkside 2-1 yesterday. Grace Shaw scored twice for the Huskies.
The Detroit Pistons visit the Memphis Grizzlies for a preseason game tonight. Listen for selected regular-season Pistons games on 99.3 The Lift.
In the American League Divisional playoffs yesterday…
• Christian Vazquez’ two-run homer in the bottom of the 13th inning gave the Boston Red Sox a 6-4 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays. Boston leads the series 2-1, with game four in Boston today.
• The Chicago White Sox outslugged the Houston Astros 12-6. Houston is up 2-1 in that series, which continues this afternoon in Chicago.
The National League Divisional Series resume today…
• The Milwaukee Brewers play at Atlanta this afternoon. That set is tied 1-1.
• The Los Angeles Dodgers host the San Francisco Giants tonight. That series is also tied 1-1.
In NFL action yesterday…
• Greg Joseph’s 54-yard field goal as time expired lifted the Minnesota Vikings to a 19-17 victory over the Detroit Lions. The kick came just 37 seconds after Detroit had taken the lead with a touchdown and a two-point conversion.
• Mason Crosby’s 49-yard field goal in overtime gave the Green Bay Packers a 25-22 win over the Cincinnati Bengals. Crosby had missed three attempts during regulation.
In last night’s contest, the Buffalo Bills upended the Kansas City Chiefs 38-20.
Tonight, the Indianapolis Colts visit the Baltimore Ravens. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming Local Sports Broadcasts
• Calumet volleyball hosts Negaunee tomorrow. Coverage will begin at 6:10 or later on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Calumet football welcomes Hancock Friday. Coverage starts at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Houghton football plays at Negaunee Friday. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell entertains Forest Park Saturday. Coverage will start at 1:10 on KBear 102.3.
• Finlandia University hosts Martin Luther University Saturday. Coverage will begin at 12:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.