Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
The Calumet volleyball team finished as runners-up at the Duluth East Invitational Saturday, falling 2-0 (17-25, 16-25) to Cloquet in the title match.
In high school volleyball tonight…
• Chassell plays at Lake Linden-Hubbell.
The Tech soccer team downed Ferris State 2-1 yesterday. Emilie Clayton and Cassie Bonifas scored.
Eduardo Rodriguez tossed seven shutout innings, as the Tigers blanked the Athletics 2-0 yesterday. Both Detroit runs came in the third inning, on singles by Andy Ibáñez and Spencer Torkelson.
The Tigers have today off, and entertain the Royals tomorrow night. Coverage will start at 6:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Brewers fell 6-1 to the Marlins. Freddy Peralta gave up four runs on nine hits over three innings, and took the loss.
The Brewers also have today off, and host the Cardinals tomorrow evening.
The Cubs won, so Milwaukee’s lead in the National League Central Division stands at six games. Any combination of one Milwaukee win or Chicago loss will clinch the division title for the Brewers.
The Lions’ defense recorded seven sacks in a 20-6 victory over the Falcons yesterday. Detroit held Atlanta to just 183 yards of offense. Jared Goff threw for one touchdown, and ran for another.
The Packers fell behind the Saints by 17 points in the first half, then exploded in the fourth quarter to claim an 18-17 victory yesterday. Jordan Love ran for one touchdown, and passed for another, with Romeo Doubs making an over-the-shoulder catch for the game-winning score.
The Lions visit the Packers Thursday night, with the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
The Steelers held off the Raiders 23-18 last night.
There are two games tonight…
• The Eagles visit the Buccaneers in a 7:15 contest.
• The Bengals host the Rams in an 8:15 game on 99.3 The Lift.
High School Sports Broadcasts
- Tomorrow – Volleyball – Kingsford at Calumet – 6:10 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Thursday – Volleyball – Hancock at Houghton – because of a programming conflict on 97.7 The Wolf, coverage will begin at 6:10 on KBear 102.3.
- Friday – Football – Houghton at Calumet – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.