In high school volleyball tonight…
• Calumet plays at Marquette.
See the full schedule for all our local high school teams here.
The Finlandia University women’s soccer team fell 4-0 to St. Olaf yesterday.
The Finlandia men’s soccer team plays at Lakeland University tonight.
The Michigan Tech soccer team blasted Minnesota-Crookston 8-0 yesterday. Freshman Julia Pietila set a school record with four goals.
Robbie Grossman drew a bases-loaded walk in the bottom of the 11th inning, as the Detroit Tigers edged the Tampa Bay Rays 8-7 yesterday. Tampa had surged ahead with four runs in the top of the eighth, but Detroit responded with three in the bottom of the inning to force extra time. The Rays again took the lead with two in the top of the 10th, and were one strike away from victory when Jeimer Candelario blasted a two-run homer to push the game into the 11th – his second round-tripper of the day.
The Tigers have today off, and open a two-game set against the Milwaukee Brewers tomorrow. Wily Peralta will start against Freddy Peralta. Coverage will begin at 6:10 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Milwaukee Brewers pounded the Cleveland Indians 11-1 yesterday. Eric Lauer pitched into the sixth, and gave up a run on three hits. Kolton Wong and Avisaíl García each hit two home runs, and Manny Piña hit one.
The Reds lost again, so any combination of five Milwaukee victories or Cincinnati losses clinches the National League Central Division title for the Brewers.
The Crew placed Rowdy Tellez on the injured list yesterday because of a knee problem. Luke Maile has been called up from Nashville.
The Detroit Lions’ late comeback fell short in a 41-33 loss to the San Francisco 49ers yesterday. San Francisco opened up a 28-point lead before Detroit scored 16 in the final quarter. Jared Goff completed 38 of 57 passes for 338 yards and three touchdowns. He also threw one interception that was returned for a touchdown.
The Green Bay Packers opened their season with an ugly 38-3 loss to the New Orleans Saints. Aaron Rodgers completed just 15 of 28 passes for 133 yards, with two interceptions.
In last night’s contest, the Los Angeles Rams dumped the Chicago Bears 34-14. Matthew Stafford completed 20 of 26 passes for 321 yards and three touchdowns.
Tonight, the Baltimore Ravens visit the Las Vegas Raiders. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
High School Broadcasts
• The Calumet volleyball team plays at Hancock tomorrow. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• The Houghton volleyball team plays at Negaunee Thursday. Coverage will start around 6:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• The Calumet football team entertains West Iron County Friday. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• The Houghton football team visits Bark River-Harris Saturday. Coverage will start at 1:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• The Lake Linden-Hubbell football team plays at North Central Saturday. Coverage will begin at 1:40 on KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.