Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
In high school football last night…
• Lake Linden-Hubbell snapped North Central’s 41-game winning streak with a 28-25 victory. Danny Marcotte connected with Sammy Roberts for a 45-yard touchdown with 1:30 left in the game to seal the win. Marcotte completed eight of 14 passes for 184 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Roberts ran for 85 yards on 17 attempts. The loss was the first for the Jets since they fell to Pickford in the 2019 playoffs. The streak included three consecutive Eight-Player Division Two state titles.
• Calumet lost 41-0 at Kingsford. Gavin Trevillian returned a fumble and an interception for touchdowns for the Flivvers. Hear the game replay here.
• Houghton fell to Menominee 56-0. Landan Bardowski and Tanner Theuerkauf each ran for two scores for the Maroons. Jay Halonen led the Gremlins with 19 carries for 74 yards. Oscar Petersen completed three of nine passing attempts for 30 yards – all to Jace DeForge.
• Hancock lost to Negaunee 49-10.
• Ontonagon stopped Ironwood 33-8.
In football today…
• L’Anse journeys to Manistique for a 1:00 game.
In high school volleyball last evening…
• Baraga swept Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 3-0.
Calumet volleyball competes at the Duluth Invitational today.
The Michigan Tech football team journeys to Upper Iowa this afternoon.
The Northern Michigan football team plays at Quincy University today.
The Michigan Tech volleyball team dropped a tight 3-1 (25-23, 21-25, 18-25, 20-25) match at Parkside last night. Lindy Oujiri led the Huskies with 14 kills, Meg Raabe added 13. The Huskies play at Purdue Northwest today.
The Northern Michigan volleyball squad fell 3-1 (18-25, 25-21, 21-25, 19-25) to Purdue Northwest last night, and visits Parkside today.
The Tech soccer team played to a 0-0 draw at Saginaw Valley State yesterday. The Huskies visit Ferris State tomorrow.
The Northern women’s soccer team shaded Ferris 2-1 yesterday afternoon to remain unbeaten. The 13th-ranked Wildcats will play at Saginaw Valley State tomorrow. The Northern men’s soccer team lost 1-0 at Purdue Northwest yesterday, and competes at Parkside tomorrow.
The Tigers lost to the Athletics 8-2 last evening. Sawyer Gipson-Long gave up a run in the first inning, then completed five. He left with a lead, thanks to a two-run Carson Kelly home run in the top of the fifth. The A’s broke through with four runs in the sixth, and added three more in the seventh. Will Vest took the loss.
The Tigers visit the Athletics again today. Coverage will start at 3:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Brewers blasted the Marlins 16-1 last night. Milwaukee plated 12 runs in the second inning, with help from homers by Josh Donaldson and Christian Yelich, who returned to the lineup after missing nearly two weeks with back stiffness. Yelich added another home run in the sixth inning. Corbin Burnes turned in five scoreless innings, allowing just two hits.
The Cubs won, so Milwaukee’s lead in the National League Central Division remains at eight games over Chicago. Any combination of one Brewers win or Cubs loss gives the division title to Milwaukee. The victory guaranteed Milwaukee at least a wild card berth.
The Lions host the Falcons in a 1:00 game tomorrow on 99.3 The Lift.
The Packers entertain the Saints in a 1:00 game tomorrow.
High School Sports Broadcasts
- Tuesday – Volleyball – Kingsford at Calumet – 6:10 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Thursday – Volleyball – Hancock at Houghton – because of a programming conflict on 97.7 The Wolf, coverage will begin at 6:10 on KBear 102.3.
- Friday – Football – Houghton at Calumet – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.