In high school hockey last night…
• Marquette scored three power play goals on the way to a 3-1 victory over Houghton. The first half of the game was scoreless. The Redmen picked up a goal midway through the second period, and another early in the third. Noah Kreipke got one back for the Gremlins, but a late third-period tally sealed the win for Marquette. Troy Povich made 22 saves. Houghton is off until next Wednesday, when they skate at Hancock. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Negaunee scored two late goals to pull away from Jeffers 5-3.
The Finlandia University men’s hockey team lost 2-0 at Hamline University last night. Marcus Gloss kept the Lions in the game with 37 saves.
The Finlandia men’s basketball team dropped a 115-58 decision at Lake Superior State last night. Rae’quan Funches led the Lions with 14 points, and Danny Zuchak added 12.
The Finlandia University women’s soccer team has added a new recruit. Brighton Wallin comes from Providence, Utah, and also plans to play hockey. Her sister, Aspen, plays soccer and hockey for the Lions.
The Detroit Red Wings return to action tonight, when they host the Saint Louis Blues. Coverage will begin at 7:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons again suffered a late fade, as they lost 100-92 to the Miami Heat last night. Miami outscored Detroit by 17 points in the fourth quarter. Jerami Grant led the Pistons with 21 points.
The Pistons will visit the Milwaukee Bucks tonight.
In tomorrow’s Thanksgiving Day NFL matchups…
• The Detroit Lions visit the Chicago Bears for the 12:30 game. Injured Detroit quarterback Jared Goff says it’ll be a game day decision as to whether he’s well enough to play. With Justin Fields injured, Andy Dalton will start at quarterback for Chicago. Embattled Bears coach Matt Nagy is denying that he met yesterday with upper management about his future. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
• The Dallas Cowboys host the Las Vegas Raiders in the 4:30 contest. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
• The Buffalo Bills play the Saints in New Orleans in the 8:20 game. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
Remember that, because of the Thanksgiving holiday, the deadline to submit your picks for the Wolf Pro Football Challenge is today at noon at one of our sponsors.
Upcoming Local Sports Broadcasts
• Friday and Saturday – high school hockey – Hancock at Calumet in the Copper Island Classic. Coverage of both games will begin at 6:40 on the voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.