The Detroit Tigers had yesterday off, and host the Texas Rangers tonight. Jordan Zimmermann will start against Jesse Chavez. Because of the College World Series broadcast on 99.3 The Lift, Tigers pregame coverage will begin at 6:45 on KBear 102.3.
The Milwaukee Brewers also had yesterday off, and entertain the Seattle Mariners tonight. Zach Davies will pitch against Marco Gonzales.
College World Series
The University of Michigan won the opening game of the College World Series final last night, defeating Vanderbilt 7-4. Game two of the best-of-three series will be played tonight at 7:00. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
Slow Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Slow Pitch Softball League action last evening…
– Coca Cola/Monte Carlo lost to Auto Pro/ThermoAnalytics 22-5, then defeated Luigi’s 28-8.
– A and S Industrial v Pat’s Foods/Bucko’s, and v Downtowner Two – no report.
– McGann’s/Northern Auto defeated Koppers 27-10, and then defeated Harter’s Carquest 13-8.
Twilight League Baseball
In Copper Country Twilight League baseball play tonight…
– Dean Kangas-State Farm plays REL-Mohawk Technology at the Hancock Driving Park.
– Garnet Garage faces Superior National Bank-Stanton at the Stanton Field.
Michigan Tech track standout Liz Bloch has received a 2019 Spring GLIAC Commissioner’s Award. Commissioner’s Awards are presented to six female and six male athletes after the fall, winter and spring sports seasons. Bloch earned two NCAA All-America honors this spring, and holds the Tech records in the 800-meter and 1500-meter runs.
In Copper Country Horseshoe League play last night, no report was received.
The former home of the Detroit Pistons will be demolished this fall. The Palace of Auburn Hills was built in 1988, and housed the NBA team for 29 seasons. It also hosted numerous concerts and other events. The Pistons relocated to downtown Detroit in the fall of 2017. The 80-acre site will be redeveloped to hold office buildings.
Email sports news and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.