Morning Sports for Wednesday, June 11th:
MLB: Tigers Rained Out
The Tigers and White Sox were rained out in Chicago last night. No make-up date has been announced.
The Tigers continue that series against the White Sox in Chicago tonight. Justin Verlander will face John Danks. Hear the first pitch at 8:10 on AM 1400, WCCY.
Mets Slam Brewers
Taylor Teagarden’s grand slam off Marco Estrada lifted the Mets to a 6-2 victory over the the Brewers last night.
The Brewers continue that series at New York against the Mets this evening. Wily Peralta will start against Jacob deGrom.
Twilight League Baseball
In Twilight League baseball last night…
– The Stanton Wildcats defeated Blue Sky Health 8-5. Trent Keteri went the distance to earn the win for Stanton.
– The result of the game between Pat’s Foods and Wolverine-Orbit was not reported.
Follow the Twilight League here.
Copper Country Slow Pitch
In Copper Country Slow Pitch softball play tonight…
– At Miller Memorial Field in Laurium, Osmose faces Post 90/Lakes Lounge at 6:15. Pat’s Foods/ThermoAnalytics takes on 906/Pilgrim River Steakhouse at 7:30.
– At Hurontown, Auto Value plays The Marley Bar at 6:15, and then meets Hurontown at 7:30.
– At the Hancock Driving Park, North Pointe Trucking faces Erickson Crowley Peterson at 6:15, and then plays Coca Cola/Miller’s Recreation at 7:30.
Follow the Copper Country Slow Pitch League here.
Metro Returning to Sault
Former Lake Superior State University assistant hockey coach Rich Metro is returning to the Lakers as an assistant. Metro spent the past three seasons as a head coach of Ours de Villard-de-Lans in Ligue Magnus… the French professional hockey league. Metro grew up in Sault Ste. Marie, and played college hockey at Northern Michigan University. He was on the LSSU staff from 2007 to 2011.
To make sure your team’s scores are included in morning sports, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.