Click on the blue highlights for additional details.
In high school hockey last night, L’Anse edged Jeffers 7-6. Foster Miller had a hat trick plus an assist for the Purple Hornets.
In hockey tonight…
– Houghton skates at Negaunee.
– Hancock entertains Kingsford. Pregame coverage will begin around 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
In boys basketball last night…
– Houghton downed L’Anse 68-46.
– Hancock beat Baraga 52-37.
– Calumet defeated Ontonagon 69-50. Matt Ojala scored 24 for the Copper Kings.
– Chassell got off to a fast start, and shut down Lake Linden-Hubbell 78-39. Aaron Barnes scored 17 points, and added 11 assists and nine steals for the Panthers.
– Jeffers used a strong finish to pull away from Republic-Michigamme 58-46. Carson Turner scored 25 for the Jets.
Tonight, Dollar Bay-Tamarack City journeys to Watersmeet.
In girls action last night…
– Chassell smothered Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 53-22.
– Ewen-Trout Creek lost to Bessemer 42-38.
On the girls schedule tonight…
– Houghton welcomes Jeffers.
– Hancock visits L’Anse.
– Calumet hosts Ontonagon.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell entertains Bessemer.
– Baraga welcomes Republic-Michigamme.
– Ewen-Trout Creek plays at Chassell in a game that was rescheduled from December 5th.
The Finlandia University baseball team has introduced a new recruit. Kenny Weimer will join the team for the 2019 season. He’s a pitcher and outfielder from Queen Creek, Arizona. Learn more about him here.
The Detroit Pistons dropped a 112-109 decision to the Pelicans at New Orleans last night. Tobias Harris scored 25 points, and Andre Drummond collected 14 rebounds. The Pistons visit the Brooklyn Nets tomorrow. Tipoff is at 7:30 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Red Wings are off until Saturday, when they play at Pittsburgh. Pregame will begin at 12:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
Once the Detroit Lions settle on a new coach, they’ll need to find a new defensive coordinator. ESPN reports that Teryl Austin has agreed to become the defensive coordinator for the Cincinnati Bengals.
The Chicago Bears have hired former Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy as their new head coach. That opens the door for the Packers to talk with Chicago defensive coordinator Vic Fangio about taking the same job in Green Bay. Fangio had been a candidate for the Bears’ head coaching position.
The University of Alabama edged the University of Georgia 26-23 in overtime to win the NCAA FBS Championship game last night.
Our Finlandia University basketball coverage continues tomorrow, when both teams host St. Scholastica. Our pregame show will start at 5:10 on 99.3 The Lift, with the men’s tip-off at 5:30, and the women’s tip-off at 7:30.
Email sports news and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.