Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
Twilight League Baseball
In Copper Country Twilight League baseball action last night…
• Garnet Garage outscored Craig Heinonen Coldwell Banker 11-2.
• Northern Driveline v Houghton Building Supply-Stanton – no report.
Slow Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Slow Pitch Softball League play this evening…
• At Miller Memorial Field in Laurium, Bucko’s/Labatts faces Downtowner Two at 6:15, then plays Koppers at 7:30.
• At the Hancock Driving Park, McGann’s/Northern Auto takes on Auto Pro/Thermoanalytics at 6:15. A and S Industrial/Loukus Tech plays Pat’s Foods/Bucko’s at 7:30.
Fast Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Fast Pitch Softball League play this evening…
• At the Bone Yard in Lake Linden, Superior Service plays JB’s at 5:30. Northern Michigan Land Brokers takes on Crush at 7:15.
• At the Houghton Field, REL faces Tervo Agency at 7:00.
Michigan Tech is looking for a new assistant hockey coach. After five seasons with the Huskies, Chris Brooks was introduced yesterday as a new assistant coach at Clarkson University.
The Finlandia University men’s hockey team has introduced a new recruit. Owen Schmidt is a forward who played for Team Maryland in the Eastern Hockey League last year. His coach there was Finlandia alumnus Josh Fusco.
The Stanley Cup championship series continues tonight, as the Lightning host the Avalanche. Colorado leads the set 2-1.
Moritz Seider of the Red Wings has won the Calder Trophy as NHL rookie of the year. He’s the first Detroit player to earn the honor since Roger Crozier in the 1964-65 season.
The Tigers lost to the Red Sox 5-4 last night. Beau Brieske gave up four runs over five innings, and took the loss. The big blow was a three-run homer by Trevor Story in the fourth. Javier Báez had three hits, including a triple and a home run. Jonathan Schoop’s solo homer in the top of the ninth made the score close, but Detroit couldn’t complete the comeback.
The Tigers visit the Red Sox again tonight. Tarik Skubal will pitch against Michael Wacha. Coverage will begin at 6:50 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Brewers fell to the Cardinals 6-2 last night. Willy Adames’ first inning homer accounted for both Milwaukee runs. Chi Chi González made his first start for Milwaukee, gave up three runs over four innings, and took the loss.
The Brewers host the Cardinals again tonight. Eric Lauer will start against Adam Wainwright.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.