Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
In high school football tournament games involving Upper Peninsula teams Saturday…
• Negaunee dispatched Gladstone 18-12 in a Division Six regional contest. The Miners will play Reed City in a semifinal game Saturday at 1:00 at Gaylord.
• Iron Mountain edged Evart 34-33 in a Division Eight regional tilt. The Mountaineers will face Ubly in a semifinal game Saturday at 1:00 at Petoskey.
• Munising fell to Merrill 22-20 in an Eight Player Division One semifinal.
• North Central defeated Marion 36-12 in an Eight Player Division Two semifinal. The Jets will face perennial small-school power Mendon in the championship game Saturday at 2:00 at the Superior Dome.
The Michigan Tech women’s basketball team outscored Lewis University 95-83 in overtime at the GLIAC/GLVC Crossover Challenge in Liberty, Missouri, Saturday. Ellie Mackay scored 23 for the Huskies. Former Houghton High School standout Sloane Zenner added 18, and hit some critical late free throws.
The Northern women’s team earned a 70-51 victory over William Jewell College Saturday.
The men’s GLIAC/GLVC Crossover is being played at the SDC this weekend. Saturday, Tech couldn’t overcome an early deficit, and lost to Lewis 71-67. Adam Hobson scored 25 for the Huskies, who face McKendree University today at 2:00.
The Northern men’s team outscored McKendree 100-93 Saturday, and will play Lewis today at noon.
The Finlandia women’s team shut down Northland College 76-48 Saturday. All 10 Lions players scored, led by Natalie Bartle with 15 points.
The Finlandia men’s team travels to Northland College today.
The Michigan Tech football team concluded its season with a 35-30 loss at Saginaw Valley State Saturday. Will Ark threw three touchdown passes, as the Huskies finished with a 4-7 record.
Northern wrapped up its campaign with a 33-11 win at Lake Erie College Saturday. The teams combined to produce nearly 750 yards of offense. The Wildcats finished with a 4-7 record.
The Michigan Tech hockey team blanked Lake Superior State 2-0 Saturday evening. Blake Pietila made 20 saves, and earned his 14th career shutout. David Jankowski gave the Huskies an early lead with his first collegiate goal. Trevor Russell added an insurance tally.
Northern Michigan lost 4-1 at Bemidji State Saturday night.
The Finlandia men’s team lost 10-3 at Aurora University Saturday, Matteo Ybarra scored twice for the Lions, and Nick Solema found the net once.
The Finlandia women’s team dropped a 7-0 decision to Aurora Saturday. The Lions were outshot 45-9.
The Portage Lake Pioneers lost 12-1 to the Fond du Lac Bears Saturday night.
The Red Wings fell 4-3 to the Kings Saturday night. Dominik Kubalik, Dylan Larkin and Filip Hronek scored for Detroit. Alex Nedeljkovic made 17 saves, and took the loss.
The Wings visit the Ducks Tuesday. Coverage will begin at 9:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons lost to the Celtics Saturday night 117-108. Bojan Bogdanovic scored 28 points, and Jaden Ivey added 26 for Detroit. Cade Cunningham missed his second straight game.
The Pistons play at Toronto tomorrow.
• The Lions visit the Bears for a 1:00 game on 99.3 The Lift.
• The Packers host the Cowboys in a 4:25 contest.
• The Chargers visit the 49ers in the Sunday night game on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tuesday – Calumet volleyball faces McBain in a state quarterfinal game at Gaylord. Coverage begins at 5:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and results to firstname.lastname@example.org.