Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
Jeffers’ Kaeda Rajala has been named Copper Mountain Conference Volleyball Player of the Year. The Jets were named CMC Team of the Year, and Jeffers’ Rachel Sondergrath was honored as Coach of the Year.
Local players named to the conference Elite Team include Rajala and Sara Johnson from Jeffers, Abi Codere from Lake Linden-Hubbell, and Mia Coronado from Baraga. Mia Nordstom from Jeffers and Makenna Hendrickson from Baraga joined them on the Copper Country Division First Team. Kylee Uotila from Ontonagon and Emma Besonen from Ewen-Trout Creek were among those named to the Porcupine Mountains Division First Team.
See all of the honorees here.
The Lake Linden-Hubbell football team hosts Forest Park in an Eight-Player Division Two regional semifinal game today. Kickoff is at 1:30 at Warner Field. North Central will play at Posen in the other regional semifinal this afternoon.
In other games involving Upper Peninsula teams…
• In Eight-Player Division One, Pickford downed Rudyard 38-16, and Norway outscored Newberry 56-48 in Region One. In Region Two, Saint Ignace dispatched Central Lake 38-14, and Inland Lakes stopped Alcona 22-6. The Saints will host the Bulldogs for the regional title next weekend.
• In Division Eight, Iron Mountain throttled Glen Lake 57-6 last night. Ishpeming travels to East Jordan today.
• In Division Seven, Menominee welcomes Benzie Central this afternoon. Charlevoix eliminated Traverse City Saint Francis 31-7 last night.
• In Division Six, Negaunee outscored Grayling 47-34, and Gladstone defeated Boyne City 28-7. The Miners and Braves will play for the district title next weekend.
• In Division Five, Kingsford welcomes Howard City Tri-County today. Ogemaw Heights ousted Gladwin 28-23 last night.
• In Division Three, Marquette fell to Petoskey 26-7.
The Michigan Tech hockey team remains winless this season, but did score late to pull out a 2-2 tie at Saint Lawrence last night. Marcus Pedersen’s rebound shot with 8.2 seconds remaining in regulation forced overtime. The Skating Saints won the unofficial shootout at the end of the contest. Lauri Raiman scored his first career Huskies’ goal early in the game. Blake Pietila made 32 saves. Tech will play at Clarkson tonight.
The Northern Michigan hockey team is also still searching for its first win, after dropping a 2-1 decision to Ferris State last night. Those teams meet again tonight in Marquette.
The Michigan Tech volleyball squad swept Davenport 3-0 (25-18, 25-16, 27-25) last night. Meg Raabe led the Huskies with 14 kills. Tess Hayes had 36 assists, Amelia Albers logged 16 digs. The Huskies play at 20th-ranked Grand Valley State this afternoon.
The 12th-ranked Northern volleyball team fell 3-0 (25-22, 25-20, 28-26) at Grand Valley last night. The Wildcats play at Davenport today.
The Tech soccer team won its fourth straight match yesterday, edging Ferris State 1-0. Brooke Green scored the game’s only goal. The Huskies host Saginaw Valley State tomorrow at noon.
The NMU women’s soccer team played to a 1-1 draw with Saginaw Valley State yesterday, and entertains Ferris State tomorrow.
The NMU men’s team opens the GLIAC playoffs tonight at Davenport.
The Michigan Tech football team plays at third-ranked Grand Valley State today.
The NMU football squad entertains Wayne State.
The Red Wings face the Bruins tonight, with coverage beginning at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Pistons earned their first victory of the young season last night, outscoring the Hornets 111-99. Six Detroiters scored in double figures, led by Alec Burks with 24. Jalen Duren had 14 points and 17 rebounds.
The Pistons welcome the Bulls tonight.
Adolis García’s home run in the bottom of the 11th inning lifted the Rangers to a 5-4 victory over the Diamondbacks in the opening game of the World Series last night. Game two will be played tonight in Texas.
The Packers host the Vikings in a 1:00 game tomorrow.
The Lions entertain the Raiders Monday night on 99.3 The Lift.
High School Sports Broadcasts
- Monday – Volleyball – Houghton at Escanaba – District Quarterfinal – 5:40 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Wednesday – Volleyball – Calumet at Jeffers – District Semifinal – 5:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.