In boys high school basketball last night…
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City outpointed Republic-Michigamme 56-32.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell downed Baraga 58-32.
• Ewen-Trout Creek v Hurley – no report.
In girls action…
• Houghton turned back Westwood 63-41. Stella Wickstrom led the Gremlins with 19 points and 15 rebounds. Annika Peterson added 16 points, and Paige Sleeman and Meghan Trewhella each scored 12.
• Calumet buried Hancock 67-35. Marybeth Halonen paced the Copper Kings with 21 points, and Alexis Strom added 10.
• L’Anse overwhelmed Chassell 68-14. Taylor Sanregret led a balanced Purple Hornets attack with 12 points. Brooklyn Dompier and Sophia Rice each had 11, and Mylee Londo added 10. McKenzie Coponen scored five for the Panthers.
• Ontonagon stopped Jeffers 48-33. Makenna Uotila scored 23 for the Gladiators, and Sara Johnson had 11 for the Jets.
• Baraga outscored Lake Linden-Hubbell 61-26.
In boys hoops tonight…
• Houghton travels to Ishpeming. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• L’Anse journeys to Bessemer.
On the girls schedule this evening…
• Ewen-Trout Creek welcomes Hurley.
In girls-boys doubleheaders tonight…
• Ontonagon plays at Lake Linden-Hubbell – the boys at 5:45, and the girls at 7:15.
In high school hockey this evening…
• Calumet skates at Hancock. Coverage will begin at 7:10 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
In Alpine skiing today…
• Houghton competes at the Ironwood Invitational.
The Michigan Tech hockey team will host Northern Michigan tonight at 6:07 at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena. It’s the first of the make-up contests from the series that was postponed because of COVID-19 issues a couple of weeks ago. The second make-up game is scheduled for Marquette a week from tonight.
Both Michigan Tech basketball teams earned wins over Northern Michigan last night, and completed season sweeps over the Wildcats…
• The women’s team held Northern to 18 points in the first half, and cruised to a 68-49 victory. Every Husky scored, led by Isabella Lenz, who had 13 points.
• The men’s team pulled out a 64-62 victory. The Wildcats had a chance to tie the game when they intercepted a Huskies inbound pass with 1.2 seconds remaining, but Trent Bell deflected the ensuing shot. Adam Hobson and Owen White each scored 13.
Jordan Oesterle’s goal lifted the Detroit Red Wings to a 2-1 overtime victory over the Anaheim Ducks last night. It was Oesterle’s first goal in his past 61 games, and his first as a Red Wing. Dylan Larkin had a goal and an assist. Alex Nedelkjovic made 14 saves.
The Wings host the Los Angeles Kings tomorrow. Coverage begins at 7:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons entertain the New Orleans Pelicans tonight. Coverage will begin at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Green Bay Packers have picked Adam Stenavich to be their new offensive coordinator. Stenavich has been the team’s offensive line coach and run game coordinator. He takes over for Nathaniel Hackett, who was introduced last week as the head coach of the Denver Broncos.
Local Sports Broadcasts
• Tonight – hockey – Calumet at Hancock – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Tonight – boys basketball – Houghton at Ishpeming – 7:00 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Friday – Trenton Showcase hockey – Calumet v St. Ignatius – 11:15 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Friday – Trenton Showcase hockey – Hancock v East Grand Rapids – 11:15 – pregame on 97.7 The Wolf.
• Friday – Trenton Showcase hockey – Houghton v Brighton – 6:00 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Saturday – Trenton Showcase hockey – Houghton v Orchard Lake St. Mary – 10:10 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Saturday – Trenton Showcase hockey – Calumet v Grosse Pointe South – 11:30 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.