In high school hockey last night, Calumet outskated Kingsford 5-2. Noah Jukari, Tanner Rowe, Gabe Coppo, Dean Loukas and Scott Loukas scored for the Copper Kings, who outshot the Flivvers 56-15.
In hockey this evening…
– Hancock welcomes Hartland at 4:00 at the Houghton County Arena.
– Houghton entertains Traverse City Central. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Houghton entertains Hartland.
– Hancock hosts Traverse City Central. Coverage will begin at 12:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
In girls basketball last night…
– Calumet shut down Iron Mountain 75-49. Elli Djerf paced the Copper Kings with 17 points, and Marybeth Halonen added 14.
– Hancock outscored Jeffers 43-30. D’Andra Kero and Isabella Hebert each scored eight for the Bulldogs. Miranda Heinonen of the Jets had 11 points.
– L’Anse smothered Lake Linden-Hubbell 67-28. The Purple Hornets led 29-6 after the first quarter. Addison Mattson led L’Anse with 18 points. Maci Dostaler scored nine for the Lakes.
– Chassell throttled Republic-Michigamme 66-19.
– Ewen-Trout Creek got past Baraga 33-28.
– Ontonagon defeated Watersmeet 61-32.
– Houghton plays at Ishpeming.
– Ewen-Trout Creek visits Watersmeet.
The Houghton High School swim team opens its season at Rudyard tomorrow.
Western Collegiate Hockey Association
The Michigan Tech hockey team entertains Alaska-Anchorage this weekend. Games start at 7:07 tonight, and 6:07 tomorrow night at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena.
The Northern Michigan University hockey team is off this weekend.
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
The Michigan Tech volleyball team swept Missouri-Saint Louis 3-0 (25-16, 25-12, 25-16) in the opening game at the NCAA Division II tournament yesterday afternoon. The Huskies will face 10th-ranked Hillsdale College this evening in the regional semifinal at Lewis University in suburban Chicago.
The MTU women’s basketball team opened its GLIAC campaign with a 60-59 loss to Saginaw Valley State University last evening. Ellie Mackay led the Huskies with 18 points. Maddie Maloney’s free throw with no time left on the clock won the game for the Cardinals.
The Tech men’s team downed SVSU 79-57. Kyle Monroe scored 24.
Both Tech teams will host Northland University tomorrow. The women’s game will begin at noon, and the men’s contest at 2:00.
Both Wildcats team will entertain Saginaw Valley State tomorrow.
The Finlandia University men’s hockey team will host the Milwaukee School of Engineering tonight at 7:15, and tomorrow at 4:00. Hear tomorrow’s game on 99.3 The Lift and 993TheLift.com. Fans can get into tonight’s game for free if they bring two non-perishable food items for our local food banks.
The Finlandia women’s hockey team entertains Marian University tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon.
The Lions women’s basketball team welcomes Wisconsin-River Falls tomorrow at 3:00.
Great Lakes Hockey League
The Calumet Wolverines host the Marquette Mutineers tomorrow at 7:30 at the Colosseum.
The Detroit Red Wings host the Pittsburgh Penguins tomorrow. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons welcome the Indiana Pacers tonight. Coverage will begin at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
In last night’s game, the Chicago Bears defeated the Dallas Cowboys 31-24.
– The Detroit Lions visit the Minnesota Vikings for a 1:00 game. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
– The Green Bay Packers host Washington in a 1:00 contest.
Email sports news and game results to email@example.com.