Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
In boys basketball last night…
– L’Anse defeated Houghton 55-37.
– Hancock got past Ewen-Trout Creek 53-50.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City downed Jeffers 66-59.
– Chassell smothered Baraga 76-29.
– The Negaunee-Calumet game was snowed out. It will be made up on January 31st.
– The Lake Linden-Hubbell game at Watersmeet was snowed out – no make-up date has been announced.
In girls action last night…
– Calumet trounced West Iron County 54-34.
– L’Anse fell to Westwood 49-39.
In girls play tonight…
– Houghton hosts Negaunee.
– Hancock plays at Dollar Bay-Tamarack City.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell welcomes Ewen-Trout Creek.
– Baraga travels to Ontonagon.
In high school hockey last evening, Jeffers skated past Cheboygan 4-2.
In hockey this weekend…
– Jeffers plays at the Gaylord D-III challenge. The Jets will take on Farmington this afternoon at 2:00, and Grosse Ile tomorrow at noon.
– Calumet welcomes Rochester United tonight. Our pregame coverage will begin around 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Houghton entertains Utica Eisenhower tonight.
– Hancock hosts Escanaba tomorrow afternoon.
– Houghton welcomes Rochester United tomorrow afternoon – our pregame coverage begins around 12:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Calumet entertains Utica Eisenhower tomorrow evening – our pregame broadcast will start around 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
The Portage Lake Pioneers will host the Marquette Mutineers tonight at 8:00 at the Dee. The Pioneers will host the Calumet Wolverines tomorrow evening at 7:30.
The Michigan Tech women’s basketball team used a strong second half to power past Lake Erie 71-54 last night. The game was tied at halftime, but the Huskies broke the game open with a 9-0 run late in the third quarter. Brenna Heise led Tech with 22 points and a dozen rebounds.
The Tech men’s team suffered a 77-73 loss at Lake Erie. The Huskies led by two in a game that was close the whole way. Tommy Lucca led all scorers with 24 points.
Both MTU teams play at Ohio Dominican tomorrow.
The MTU hockey team skates at Bowling Green tonight and tomorrow night.
The NMU hockey team welcomes Alabama-Huntsville tonight and tomorrow night.
The Finlandia University men’s hockey team will host Wisconsin-River Falls tonight at 7:15 and tomorrow at 4:00 at the Houghton County Arena.
The Finlandia women’s hockey squad has the weekend off.
Both Finlandia basketball teams play at St. Scholastica tonight, and Wisconsin-Superior tomorrow.
The Detroit Red Wings host the Columbus Blue Jackets tonight. Goalie Jimmy Howard and forward Andreas Athanasiou will be back with the Wings, after missing time because of injuries. Faceoff is at 7:30 on AM 1400 and FM 99.3, WCCY.
The Detroit Pistons visit the Minnesota Timberwolves this evening.
In last night’s NFL game, the Kansas City Chiefs scored three touchdowns in the second quarter, and held on to defeat the Oakland Raiders 21-13.
The Detroit Lions entertain the Chicago Bears in a 1:00 game on Sunday. Hear the broadcast on AM 1400 and FM 99.3, WCCY.
The Green Bay Packers host the Seattle Seahawks in a 4:25 game.
Baseball’s Rule Five Draft was held yesterday. The Detroit Tigers took left-handed reliever Daniel Stumpf from the Kansas City Royals. The Milwaukee Brewers lost prospect Miguel Diaz to the San Diego Padres. Clubs that select players in the Rule Five Draft must keep those players on their Major League rosters for the entire upcoming season, or offer them back to their original teams.
Email sports stories and results to email@example.com.