In high school hockey last night, Jeffers fell to Negaunee 3-2 in overtime. Jack Mattias scored the game-winner for the Miners. Keegan Rajala and Matthew Halonen scored for the Jets.
On today’s hockey schedule…
– Hancock entertains Hartland at 4:00. Our broadcast on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com will begin at 3:40.
– Houghton welcomes Traverse City Central at 7:00.
– Calumet plays at Cranbrook Kingswood at 7:15.
– Houghton hosts Hartland at Houghton at 1:00.
– Hancock welcomes Traverse City Central at 1:00. Our broadcast on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com will begin at 12:40.
– Calumet skates at Cranbrook Kingswood at 12:15.
In boys basketball last evening…
– Calumet outscored Hancock 63-47. Matt Ojala scored his 1,000th career point. He is the third player in Calumet history to reach that level.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell downed Chassell 70-52. Cole Gregoire scored 22 for the Lakes.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City defeated Jeffers 58-38.
– Ontonagon shut down Baraga 62-16.
– Ewen-Trout Creek lost to Bessemer 67-46.
On the boys hoops schedule tonight, Houghton tips off at Westwood.
The Houghton swim team competes at the Westwood Relays tomorrow.
The Finlandia University women’s hockey team skates at Marian University tonight and tomorrow afternoon.
The Lions men’s hockey team hosts Marian University tonight at 7:15 at the Houghton County Arena. The Lions welcome Lawrence University tomorrow afternoon at 5:15. Our coverage of tomorrow’s game will start at 4:55 on 99.3 The Lift and 993TheLift.com.
Both Finlandia basketball teams are off this weekend.
The Michigan Tech men’s and women’s basketball teams both opened their Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference schedules with victories at Saginaw Valley State last night.
The women’s squad got off to a slow start, but used a balanced attack to earn a 68-57 victory. Four Huskies reached double figures in scoring. Elizabeth Kelliher blocked two shots in the game, and set a new Tech record with 199 in her career.
The men’s team also used a balanced attack to outscore the Cardinals 61-56. Bryan Heath and Owen White each scored 11 points, and Kyle Clow grabbed 10 rebounds.
Both Tech teams play at Northwood University tomorrow.
The Northern Michigan University women’s basketball team downed Northwood 51-39 last evening. The Wildcats men’s team lost to the Timberwolves 76-64. Both NMU teams will play at Saginaw Valley State tomorrow.
The Michigan Tech hockey team entertains Bemidji State tonight and tomorrow night. Faceoffs are at 7:07 at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena.
The NMU hockey team has the weekend off.
Both the Portage Lake Pioneers and the Calumet Wolverines are off this weekend.
The Detroit Pistons welcome the Chicago Bulls this evening. Pregame coverage begins at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Red Wings skate at Boston tomorrow evening. Pregame coverage begins at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
In last night’s NFL game, the Dallas Cowboys shut down the New Orleans Saints 13-10.
The Detroit Lions entertain the Los Angeles Rams in a 1:00 game Sunday. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
The Green Bay Packers welcome the Arizona Cardinals in a 1:00 game Sunday.
This is the final day of the firearm deer hunting season. Hunting officially ends at 5:48 this evening. The final edition of our award-winning KBear 102.3 Deer Hunters Roundup will air Monday evening at 6:00. If you have a successful hunt, upload the information and pictures at KBear102.com, and you could win a prize.
Our high school basketball coverage continues Monday, when the Jeffers girls play at Calumet. The pregame show will start around 7:00 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
Email sports stories and game results to email@example.com.