In high school boys basketball tonight…
• Baraga welcomes Watersmeet.
• Ontonagon hosts Republic-Michigamme.
Both Finlandia University basketball teams lost at Northern Michigan University yesterday…
• The women fell 70-42. Bailey Froberg led the Lions with 12 points.
• The men dropped a 109-42 decision. Rae’quan Funches scored 15 points.
The Michigan Tech men’s basketball game against Algoma University tonight has been canceled. Algoma’s conference, Ontario University Athletics, has suspended its entire schedule for the month because of COVID-19 concerns.
The Detroit Red Wings lost to the Boston Bruins 5-1 yesterday. Tyler Bertuzzi scored the first goal of the contest, but the Bruins responded with five straight off Alex Nedeljkovic, who took the loss in net.
The Wings entertain the San Jose Sharks tomorrow night. Coverage will begin at 7:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons will visit the Milwaukee Bucks this evening.
• The Seattle Seahawks routed the Detroit Lions 51-29. The ‘Hawks took control early, and built a 24-point halftime lead. Russell Wilson threw four touchdown passes, and Rashaad Penny ran for 170 yards and two scores. For Detroit, Tim Boyle tossed two touchdown strikes, but also threw three interceptions. The bright spot was rookie receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown, who grabbed a touchdown pass, ran for another score, and became the first rookie in NFL history to make at least eight catches in five straight games. The loss guaranteed that Detroit will have one of the top two picks in the upcoming NFL draft.
• The Green Bay Packers clinched the top playoff seed in the NFC by shutting down the Minnesota Vikings 37-10 in the Sunday night contest. Aaron Rodgers threw two touchdown passes, Aaron Jones rushed for 76 yards, and A.J. Dillon scored twice on a bitterly cold night at Lambeau Field. The win guaranteed home field advantage for the Packers as far as they go in the playoffs, through the NFC title game.
Tonight, the Cleveland Browns visit the Pittsburgh Steelers. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
Local Sports Broadcasts
• Tomorrow – girls basketball – Houghton at Iron Mountain – coverage begins around 7:00 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Friday – hockey – Northville at Houghton – coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Friday – hockey – Novi at Calumet – coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Saturday – hockey – Novi at Houghton – coverage begins at 12:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Saturday – hockey – Brighton at Calumet – coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.