Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
In volleyball today…
• Lake Linden-Hubbell plays at Chassell.
The Michigan Tech soccer team lost 1-0 to seventh-ranked Grand Valley State yesterday.
The Tigers did their scoring late in the game, and earned a 4-1 victory over the White Sox yesterday. Tyler Alexander gave up Chicago’s only run over six innings. A Victor Reyes double tied the game in the seventh, and RBI singles by Jonathan Schoop and Jeimer Candelario fueled a three-run eighth inning.
The Tigers have today off, and host the Royals tomorrow night. Coverage begins at 6:20 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Brewers lost to the Reds 2-1 yesterday. Hunter Renfroe homered.
The Brewers also have today off, and entertain the Cardinals tomorrow evening.
The Vikings scored two touchdowns in the fourth quarter, and came from behind to defeat the Lions 28-24 yesterday. The winning score came on a 28-yard pass from Kirk Cousins to K.J. Osborn with 45 seconds remaining. Jared Goff completed 25 of 41 passes for 277 yards, with one touchdown and one interception.
The Packers took an early lead, then held off the Buccaneers 14-12. Aaron Rodgers passed for two first-half touchdowns. Tampa Bay made a bid to force overtime with a touchdown with 14 seconds remaining, but their two-point attempt to tie the contest failed.
In last night’s contest, the Broncos edged the 49ers 11-10. Denver’s scoring came on a field goal, a safety and a touchdown with a missed two-point conversion attempt. It was only the second game in NFL history to end with a score of 11-10.
Tonight, the Cowboys visit the Giants. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Thursday – Houghton volleyball plays at Hancock. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Thursday – Calumet volleyball plays at L’Anse. Coverage will begin around 6:20 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Friday – Calumet football play at Iron Mountain. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Saturday – Finlandia University football hosts Northwestern (MN). Coverage will begin at 12:40 on the Voice of the Lions, 99.3 The Lift.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.