Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
In high school hockey tonight…
• Houghton entertains Marquette. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Jeffers skates at Negaunee.
Calumet setter Laina Kariniemi has been named to the Michigan Interscholastic Volleyball Coaches Association Division Three All-State First Team. Kariniemi set a new school career record for assists, as the Copper Kings reached the state quarterfinals this season. Allison Bjorn of the Copper Kings was named to the Third Team
The Michigan Tech men’s basketball team plays at Saint Cloud State tonight.
MTU guard Marcus Tomashek has been named Men’s Basketball Offensive Player of the Week by the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Tomashek scored a career-high 33 points in the Huskies’ victory over Missouri-St. Louis on Saturday
The Northern Michigan women’s team welcomes Ashland this afternoon.
Northern Michigan guard Mackenzie Holzwart earned the GLIAC Women’s Basketball Defensive Player of the Week honor. She logged 18 rebounds and eight steals in the Wildcats’ wins over Roosevelt and Southwest Minnesota State.
The NMU men’s team hosts Hillsdale this evening.
NMU forward Sam Schultz has been named GLIAC Men’s Basketball Defensive Player of the Week, after pulling down 21 rebounds in the Wildcats’ games against Concordia-St. Paul and Lakeland.
The Red Wings host the Devils tomorrow. Coverage will begin at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
Make it 12 losses in a row for the Pistons, after they fell 107-103 to the Nuggets last night. Cade Cunningham led Detroit with 27 points, and Isaiah Stewart grabbed 11 rebounds.
The injury-depleted Pistons did get some good news – Isaiah Livers made his first appearance of the season, as he recovers from an ankle problem.
The Pistons visit the Pacers Friday. Coverage will begin at 7:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Eagles held the Chiefs scoreless in the second half, and overcame a 10-point deficit to earn a 21-17 win in last night’s game.
If you played The Wolf Pro Football Challenge, you must have selected at least 12 games correctly to be eligible to become our weekly winner.
The Tigers have extended their relationship with Lakeland, Florida, by seven years. The new agreement will keep Detroit’s spring training and low-level minor league clubs in the city through 2044. The Tigers have trained in Lakeland since 1934. The team will also build a new $33 million player dormitory.
High School Sports Broadcasts
- Tonight – Hockey – Marquette at Houghton – 6:10 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Friday – Hockey – Hancock at Calumet – Copper Island Classic Game One – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Saturday – Hockey – Hancock at Calumet – Copper Island Classic Game Two – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Monday – Boys Basketball – Jeffers at Houghton – 7:00 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.