Click on the blue links for more details.
The Detroit Tigers had yesterday off, and begin a home series against the Minnesota Twins tonight. Blaine Hardy will pitch against Jake Odorizzi. Pregame coverage will begin at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Milwaukee Brewers gave up five runs in the top of the 11th inning, and lost 7-2 to the Chicago Cubs last night. Junior Guerra gave up a run over six innings, and left with a 2-1 lead, thanks to solo home runs by Erik Kratz and Jonathan Villar. Chicago tied it with a run off Josh Hader in the eighth, then teed off on Matt Albers and Boone Logan in the 11th.
The Brewers entertain the Cubs again tonight. Chase Anderson will start against Tyler Chatwood.
The Detroit Pistons have hired Dwane Casey to be their new head coach. Casey led the Toronto Raptors to four Atlantic Division titles in the past five years. He was named Coach of the Year several weeks ago by the National Basketball Coaches Association. Still, he was fired by the Raptors after they were swept by the Cavaliers in the second round.
Live coverage of all of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association men’s games will be streamed for the next few years. The agreement with Flosports also includes coverage of any preseason and non-conference games hosted by any of the WCHA teams. It is a subscription service.
In Copper Country Women’s Fast Pitch Softball League play last night at the Bone Yard…
– Northern Michigan Land Brokers defeated Loading Zone II-Calumet Golf Club 15-4. Mel Baker was the winning pitcher, and Taylor Vertin took the loss. At the plate for Northern Michigan Land Brokers, Cassidy Becia had two singles and Harlee Froberg and Isabelle Cleary each had a double. For Loading Zone-Calumet Golf Club, Hannah Rautio had a double and Caitlin Zerbst, McKenzie LePaige and Megan Peterson each had a single.
– Auto Pro Glass and Tire blanked Mattila Rock and Dock 23-0. Sarah Audette had the win and Maggie Fadoir took the loss with Katie Mattila coming in to relieve her.
In Twilight League baseball tonight…
– Superior National Bank-Stanton takes on REL-Mohawk Technologies at the Hancock Driving Park.
– Dean Kangas-State Farm plays Wolverine-Orbit at the Wolverine field.
Both games begin at 6:00.
In Copper Country Horseshoe League action last night…
– Dreamland One defeated Harter’s Party Store 8-1.
– Drift Inn got past Dreamland Two 6-3.
– L and L downed Calumet Electronics 8-1.
– Calumet One beat Harter’s Carquest 8-1.
– Rocky’s defeated Loading Zone 6-3.
Sign-up continues for the first Bridgefest 5000 5k Run. The event will lead off the Bridgefest Parade Friday night, and proceed through Hancock and into Houghton. The run will be professionally timed. It’s a fundraiser for 31 Backpacks. You can register online here, or before the race at the parade staging area on the west side of downtown Hancock.
Email sports stories and game results to email@example.com.