The 2020 NBA Draft will be held tonight. The Timberwolves have the first overall pick, followed by the Warriors, Hornets and Bulls.
The Pistons have the seventh pick in the first round, and no selections in the second round. The Bucks have the 24th pick in the first round, and no second-round selection.
The Mets have been denied permission to interview Milwaukee Brewers president of baseball operations David Stearns for a job in New York’s front office. Major League Baseball teams have the right to turn down such requests, if the prospective new job is not an advancement.
The throwing hand injury Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford suffered in Sunday’s game has been diagnosed as a partially torn thumb ligament. At this point, it continues to appear likely that he will be able to play this Sunday against the Panthers.
The Packers have activated receiver Allen Lazard from the reserve/injured list. He’s coming back from core muscle surgery.
Congratulations to some more of our entrants in our Copper Country Deer Hunters Roundup…
• Darryl Paavo of Painesdale shot an eight-pointer near Twin Lakes.
• Bradley Jenkins of Atlantic Mine nabbed a 10-pointer near Twin Lakes.
• Joleen Jenkins of Atlantic Mine shot a seven-pointer.
• Trenton Giem of Houghton got a nine-pointer near Copper Harbor.
• Mike Guy of Eagle River brought down an eight-pointer.
• Pete Marx of Iron Mountain shot an eight-pointer near Phoenix.
• Nick Marx of Iron Mountain hit a seven-pointer near Eagle River.
• Jim Warn of Calumet shot an eight-pointer in the Traprock Valley.
The next edition of the Deer Hunters Roundup will air this evening at 7:00 on KBear 102.3. Submit your success, and a photo if you wish, on the Deer Hunters Roundup page at KBear102.com. Remember that prize-winners are selected by random drawing, so don’t think you need to have a trophy buck to qualify.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.