Both Finlandia University basketball teams play at Northern Michigan University this afternoon. The women’s contest tips off at 1:00, and the men’s at 3:15.
Saddiq Bey’s three-pointer with less than two seconds remaining lifted the Detroit Pistons to a 117-116 victory over the San Antonio Spurs Saturday night. Hamidou Diallo led Detroit with 34 points and 13 rebounds, as the Pistons broke their four-game losing streak, and won for just the second time in their past 20 games. Bey added 21 points, and Luka Garza contributed 20.
The Pistons will visit the Milwaukee Bucks tomorrow evening.
The Detroit Red Wings host the Boston Bruins this afternoon. Coverage will begin at 12:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
• The Detroit Lions visit the Seattle Seahawks for a 4:25 game.
• The Green Bay Packers host the Minnesota Vikings in the Sunday night contest. The game-time temperature is expected to be in single digits.
Hear both broadcasts on 99.3 The Lift.
Tim Boyle is expected to start at quarterback for Detroit, with Jared Goff still recovering from a knee injury. Running back D’Andre Swift should be back in the lineup, after missing time with a shoulder injury.
The Packers will be without cornerback Jaire Alexander, and tackles David Bakhtiari and Billy Turner. The Vikings will play without starting quarterback Kirk Cousins, who has been placed on the COVID-19 list. Sean Mannion will start, with rookie Kellen Mond backing him up. Cousins is unvaccinated.
Local Sports Broadcasts
• Tuesday – girls basketball – Houghton at Iron Mountain – coverage begins around 7:00 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Friday – hockey – Northville at Houghton – coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Friday – hockey – Novi at Calumet – coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Saturday – hockey – Novi at Houghton – coverage begins at 12:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Saturday – hockey – Brighton at Calumet – coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.