In boys high school basketball last night…
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City cruised past Hancock 63-33.
• Jeffers fell to Escanaba 69-56 – just the second loss this season for the Jets.
• Baraga lost at Watersmeet 60-27.
On the boys schedule tonight…
• Calumet travels to Westwood.
On the girls schedule…
• Houghton welcomes Marquette.
• Calumet journeys to West Iron County.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell tips off at Hancock.
• Jeffers visits Chassell.
In a girls-boys doubleheader…
• Ewen-Trout Creek plays at Ontonagon.
In high school hockey tonight…
• Houghton wraps up its regular season at Marquette. Coverage will begin at 6:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Calumet hosts Kingsford. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Hancock concludes its regular season by hosting Escanaba.
Both Michigan Tech basketball teams entertain Saginaw Valley State this evening – the women at 5:30, and the men at 7:30.
Both Northern Michigan teams welcome Wayne State.
The Michigan Tech volleyball team has introduced four new recruits…
• Brooke Dzwik is a two-time all-state outside hitter from Battle Creek St. Philip High School.
• Olivia Heidel is an all-state honorable mention setter from Roscoe, Illinois.
• Meaghan Raabe is an all-state outside hitter from Omaha, Nebraska.
• Makena Wesol is an all-conference outside hitter from Algonquin, Illinois.
The Detroit Red Wings visit the New York Rangers tonight. Coverage will begin at 6:45 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons came from behind to edge the Boston Celtics 112-111 last night. Jerami Grant’s jump shot with 19 seconds remaining was the game-winner. Grant scored 24. Cade Cunningham added 20, and preserved the win by blocking a shot by Jaylen Brown in the closing seconds. The win snapped Detroit’s eight-game losing streak.
After the All-Star break, the Pistons host the Cleveland Cavaliers a week from tonight.
The Copper Country Junior Hockey Association and the Calumet Hockey Association are hosting the NIHL tournament for the 10UAA, 12UAA and the 14UAA this weekend. The games begin this evening between the CCJHA and CHA teams at Dee Stadium. Teams from Marquette and Sault Ste. Marie will arrive tomorrow, with additional games scheduled for the Colosseum and the Houghton County Arena. There is no charge to attend the games. See the schedule here.
Local Sports Broadcasts
• Tonight – hockey – Houghton at Marquette – 6:10 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 the Wolf.
• Tonight – hockey – Kingsford at Calumet – 5:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Tomorrow – women’s hockey – Concordia-Wisconsin at Finlandia – 1:10 pregame on the Voice of the Lions, 99.3 The Lift.
• Tomorrow – hockey – Calumet at Jeffers – 5:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Saturday – women’s hockey – Concordia-Wisconsin at Finlandia – 2:10 pregame on the Voice of the Lions, 99.3 The Lift.
• Monday – basketball – Houghton girls at Hancock – 7:00 pregame on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Wednesday – hockey regional semifinal doubleheader – Houghton v Hancock (5:30 faceoff), Calumet v Jeffers (7:30 faceoff) – 5:10 pregame on KBear 102.3
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.