Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
In high school hockey last night…
– The Negaunee at Houghton game was postponed. It will be played tonight.
– The Hancock – Kingsford game was postponed. No make-up date has been announced.
In boys high school basketball last night…
– The Dollar Bay-Tamarack City – Watersmeet game was postponed. No make-up date has been announced.
In tonight’s only boys game, Houghton travels to Gwinn.
In girls action last night…
– Houghton remained unbeaten by stopping Jeffers 70-55. Tawna Ryynanen of the Gremlins led all scorers with 21 points. Alexa Clouthier scored 18 for the Jets.
– Calumet smothered Ontonagon 58-20. Hailey Wickstrom had 18 points for the Copper Kings.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell fell to Bessemer 41-37.
– Chassell build a 30-12 halftime lead, and shut down Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 57-32. Milly Allen of the Panthers led all scorers with 20, including six three-pointers. Emma Stout scored 10 for the Blue Bolts.
– The L’Anse – Hancock game was postponed to February 16th.
– The Baraga – Republic-Michigamme game was postponed. No make-up date has been announced.
Former Michigan Tech star Tanner Kero scored his first NHL goal of the season, as the Chicago Blackhawks edged the Detroit Red Wings 4-3 in overtime last night. Kero’s second-period goal gave Chicago a 3-2 lead. Luke Glendening tied the game late in the second period. After a scoreless third period, Duncan Keith’s power play tally 38 seconds into overtime gave Chicago the win. Andreas Anthanasiou and Tomas Tatar also scored for Detroit. Petr Mrazek stopped 39 shots, and took the loss. The Wings take on the Stars at Dallas tomorrow night. Faceoff is at 8:30 on AM 1400 and FM 99.3, WCCY.
Frans Nielsen will be the Wings’ only representative at this year’s NHL All-Star Game. It’s the first such honor for the 11-year veteran.
The Detroit Pistons blew an 18-point lead, and fell to the Sacramento Kings 100-94 last night. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope led Detroit with 21 points. The Pistons will play at Golden State tomorrow night. We’ll join the game after Red Wings hockey on AM 1400 and FM 99.3, WCCY.
The Pistons continue to miss Jon Leuer, who is out with a bone bruise to his knee. Coach Stan Van Gundy said Leuer will likely remain on the sideline for until sometime next week.
Our high school hockey coverage continues Friday and Saturday, as Calumet hosts University of Detroit-Jesuit. Hear both games on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
Email sports stories and results to email@example.com.