Fast Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Fast Pitch Softball action last night, Superior National Bank swept its doubleheader against Coca Cola of Hancock last night, 18-5 and 12-4. Vera Peterson was the winning pitcher in the first contest. Janie Berg had two singles for SNB and Celia Peterson and Andrea Karaniemi each had a triple. Rosalie Kangas struck out nine in the nightcap, and got the win. Molly Berg had a single and a double.
Slow Pitch Softball
In Copper Country Slow Pitch Softball League play last night…
– McGann’s/Northern Auto won both of its games, defeating Lake Superior Design 18-5, and outslugging Downtowner Two 19-17.
– Auto Pro/ThermoAnalytics defeated Pat’s Foods/Bucko’s 11-7. The result of the Pat’s Foods/Bucko’s game against Luigi’s was not reported.
– The results from A and S Industrial’s games against Harter’s Carquest and Coca Cola/Monte Carlo were not reported.
Twilight League Baseball
In Copper Country Twilight League baseball this evening…
– Garnet Garage plays Dean Kangas-State Farm at the Hancock Driving Park.
– REL-Mohawk Technology takes on Superior National Bank-Stanton at the Stanton Field.
The Detroit Tigers had yesterday off, and begin a quick interleague set at Pittsburgh against the Pirates tonight. Daniel Norris will start against Mitch Keller. Pregame coverage will begin at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Milwaukee Brewers collected just four hits in a 2-0 loss to the San Diego Padres last night. Jhoulys Chacín gave up both runs in his return from the disabled list. He left in the fifth inning, after throwing more than 100 pitches.
The Brewers play at San Diego again tonight. Brandon Woodruff will pitch against Logan Allen, who is making his major league debut.
In Copper Country Horseshoe League play last evening…
– Dreamland Two blanked Bucko’s Party Store 9-0.
– Loading Zone defeated Drift Inn 7-2.
– Dreamland One stopped Calumet Electronics 8-1.
– Harter’s Party Store downed Ahmeek Fire Department 6-3.
– Calumet One beat L and L 7-2.
– Rocky’s Bar shut down 41 Lumber 8-1.
The Green Bay Packers have claimed tight end Michael Roberts off waivers from the Detroit Lions. Detroit released Roberts when a trade with the New England Patriots fell through, after he failed a physical.
Email sports news and game results to email@example.com.