Click on the highlights scores for more game details.
In high school hockey last night…
• The Hancock-Escanaba game was postponed until tomorrow.
Houghton and Calumet open play at the Trenton Showcase today…
• Calumet faces East Grand Rapids at 12:40. Coverage begins around 12:20 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Houghton plays Detroit Catholic Central at 3:30. Coverage will begin around 3:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Calumet faces Trenton at 9:00 in the morning. Coverage will begin around 8:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Houghton plays Lake Forest at 1:20. Coverage will begin around 1:00 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Jeffers hockey hosts Merrill tomorrow morning at 11:00.
In high school boys basketball last night…
• The Houghton-Escanaba game was postponed.
• Lake Linden-Hubbell downed Republic-Michigamme 55-33.
• Calumet defeated Chassell 51-40. Blake Tarvis scored 22 for the Copper Kings.
• Baraga defeated L’Anse 55-50.
• Ontonagon got past Bessemer 54-47.
• Ewen-Trout Creek lost to Watersmeet 77-58.
In girls action last evening…
• Jeffers outscored Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 53-37. Raena Kangas scored 26 for the Jets, and Ashlea Datto netted 21 for the Blue Bolts.
• Calumet overwhelmed Chassell 62-13.
• Baraga dispatched L’Anse 64-38.
• Ontonagon shut down Bessemer 60-21.
• Ewen-Trout Creek smothered Watersmeet 63-28.
In boys action tonight…
• Hancock hosts Lake Linden-Hubbell.
• Jeffers plays at Dollar Bay-Tamarack City.
On the girls schedule…
• Hancock entertains Gwinn.
In a girls-boys doubleheader…
• L’Anse hosts West Iron County.
Both Houghton swim teams earned victories in their triangular match against Kingsford and Gladstone yesterday. On the girls side, Naomi Frahm won the diving competition. On the boys side, Ty Crisman won the diving competition, Beau Haataja took the 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke, and Isaak DeYcaza won the 100 freestyle.
Both Michigan Tech basketball teams claimed victories over Wayne State last night.
• The men rode a strong first half to a 78-58 win. Dan Gherezgher scored 20 points.
• The women used a strong second half to earn an 80-70 victory. Sara Dax led the Huskies with 22 points.
Both Tech teams welcome Saginaw Valley State tomorrow afternoon.
The Northern Michigan hoops teams split their games Saginaw Valley State last evening. The men claimed an 81-64 victory, and the women fell 46-43.
Both Northern teams entertain Wayne State tomorrow.
The Finlandia men’s team lost 57-54 to Gogebic Community College last night. Emmett Johnson led the Lions with 12 points.
Both Finlandia basketball teams have the weekend off.
The Michigan Tech hockey team skates at Bemidji State tonight and tomorrow night.
The Northern hockey team hosts Lake Superior State tonight and tomorrow night.
The Finlandia men’s hockey team hosts Marian tonight at 7:15, and tomorrow at 4:00. Both games will be broadcast on the Voice of the Lions, 99.3 The Lift.
The Finlandia women’s team has the weekend off.
The Portage Lake Pioneers visit the Marquette Mutineers tonight, then host the Fox Cities Ice Dogs tomorrow at 7:30.
The Calumet Wolverines entertain the Ice Dogs tonight at 7:30 at the Colosseum.
The Wings are off for the all-star break, and will return to action February 7th, with a home game against the Oilers.
The Pistons host the Hornets this evening. Coverage will begin at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Today – Calumet hockey faces East Grand Rapids at the Trenton Showcase. Coverage begins around 12:20 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Today – Houghton hockey plays Detroit Catholic Central at the Trenton Showcase. Coverage will begin around 3:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Tomorrow – Calumet hockey faces Trenton at the Trenton Showcase. Coverage will begin around 8:40 a.m. on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Tomorrow – Houghton hockey faces Lake Forest at the Trenton Showcase. Coverage will begin around 1:00 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Tuesday – Calumet boys basketball hosts L’Anse. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Thursday – Calumet hockey hosts Marquette. Coverage will begin at 6:10 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Thursday – Both Houghton basketball teams play at Hancock in the annual Wing Ding competition. Coverage will begin around 5:25, with the boys game first, and the girls following, on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org