Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.
In high school football Saturday…
• Lake Linden-Hubbell fell to North Central 50-0.
In volleyball Saturday…
• Calumet split its matches at the Duluth Invitational. The Copper Kings fell to Superior 2-0 (18-25, 20-25), Defeated Roosevelt 2-0 (25-13, 25-17), lost to Nevis 2-1 (25-22, 18-25, 9-15), and defeated International Falls 2-1 (25-20, 17-25, 15-11).
The MTU football team fell to 19th-ranked Saginaw Valley State 35-13 Saturday. All of the Huskies’ scoring came in the first half, on a three-yard run by Will Marano, and a 30-yard option pass from receiver Ethan Champney to Brandon Michalak.
Northern mauled Post University 42-14 at Homecoming.
Finlandia lost 73-13 at Adrian College. Hunter Miles tossed two touchdown passes late in the game.
The Tech volleyball team dropped the first two sets, then came back to earn a 3-2 (23-25, 19-25, 25-18, 25-17, 15-6) victory at Parkside Saturday. Jillian Kuizenga recorded 14 kills, and Makena Wesol added 13. Lina Espejo-Ramirez set a career-high with 50 assists.
The Michigan Tech soccer team visits Grand Valley State today.
The Finlandia women’s soccer team has the weekend off.
The Finlandia men’s soccer team outscored Edgewood College 4-1 Saturday. Chinedu Ikem, Alexis Murillo, Christian Mendoza-Huynh and Mohamed Koromoa scored for the Lions.
The Tigers stopped the White Sox 7-3 Saturday. Javier Báez and Harold Castro each homered and drove in three runs. Drew Hutchison allowed two runs over five innings, and earned the win.
The Tigers play at Chicago again this afternoon. Tyler Alexander will start against Dylan Cease. Because of Detroit Lions football, there will be no radio broadcast.
The Brewers blasted the Reds 10-2 Saturday. Hunter Renfroe hit two home runs, and Rowdy Tellez knocked one out. Corbin Burnes pitched into the seventh, allowed both Cincinnati runs, and got the win.
The Brewers continue that series at Cincinnati today. Freddy Peralta returns from the injured list to pitch against Nick Lodolo.
The Lions visit the Vikings for a 1 p.m. game today. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
The Packers travel to Tampa Bay for a 4:25 game today.
In tonight’s contest, the 49ers visit the Broncos. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Thursday – Houghton volleyball plays at Hancock. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
- Thursday – Calumet volleyball plays at L’Anse. Coverage will begin around 6:20 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Friday – Calumet football play at Iron Mountain. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Saturday – Finlandia University football hosts Northwestern (MN). Coverage will begin at 12:40 on the Voice of the Lions, 99.3 The Lift.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.