Click on the highlighted scores for additional game details.
In high school volleyball last night…
• Lake Linden-Hubbell swept Chassell 3-0 (25-14, 25-8, 25-15). Abi Codere led the Lakes with six kills. Abi Codere and Ashlyn Steves each had four aces, and Steves added 14 digs. Payton Goldsworthy had 12 assists.
On the volleyball schedule tonight…
• Calumet welcomes Kingsford in a battle between the two top-ranked teams in the U.P. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Hancock visits Negaunee.
• Jeffers journeys to Ironwood.
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City travels to Ontonagon.
• Chassell plays at Watersmeet.
• L’Anse visits Wakefield-Marenisco.
• Baraga plays at Ewen-Trout Creek.
The Michigan Tech volleyball team hosts Northern Michigan tonight at 6:00.
The Michigan Tech hockey team is ranked 10th in the Preseason DCU/USCHO.com poll. The Huskies were recently tabbed as preseason favorites to win the Central Collegiate Hockey Association crown. They’ll face an early-season test when they meet 17th-ranked Minnesota-Duluth in the US Hockey Hall of Fame Game a week from Thursday.
Boston University was ranked first in the poll, with Quinnipiac second. Michigan was rated fifth, Michigan State ninth, and Western Michigan 12th.
Michigan Tech kicker Drew Wyble has been named the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Special Teams Player of the Week. Wyble connected on two field goals and four extra points in the Huskies’ victory over Upper Iowa.
MTU goalkeeper Gracie VanLangevelde has been selected as the GLIAC Defensive Player of the Week for women’s soccer. VanLangevelde gave up just one goal last weekend, as the Huskies defeated Ferris State, and played Saginaw Valley State to a scoreless draw.
The Red Wings open their preseason campaign at home against the Penguins tonight. Listen for regular-season Wings games on 99.3 The Lift.
The Tigers had yesterday off, and entertain the Royals tonight. Coverage will start at 6:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Brewers also had yesterday off, and host the Cardinals this evening. Adrian Houser will pitch against Zack Thompson.
The Cubs also had yesterday off, so Milwaukee’s lead in the National League Central Division remains at six games, with six to play. Any win by the Brewers or loss by Chicago will give the division title to Milwaukee.
In last night’s NFL games…
• The Eagles stopped the Buccaneers 25-11. Former Lion D’Andre Swift rushed for 130 yards.
• The Bengals edged the Rams 19-16. Former Lion Matthew Stafford threw two interceptions.
If you played The Wolf Pro Football Challenge, you must have selected at least 14 games correctly to be eligible to become our weekly winner.
High School Sports Broadcasts
- Tonight – Volleyball – Kingsford at Calumet – 6:10 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Thursday – Volleyball – Hancock at Houghton – because of a programming conflict on 97.7 The Wolf, coverage will begin at 6:10 on KBear 102.3.
- Friday – Football – Houghton at Calumet – 6:40 pregame on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
Email sports news and scores to email@example.com.