In high school girls basketball last night…
• Houghton stopped Baraga 59-48.
• Hancock got past Ishpeming 43-36.
• L’Anse shut down Watersmeet 56-20.
• Jeffers fell to Bessemer 54-39. Sara Johnson led the Jets with 14 points, and Savannah Asiala added 12. Bessemer’s Brooke Stanislowski led all scorers with 17.
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City edged Ewen-Trout Creek 51-49 in overtime.
• The Calumet-Westwood game was postponed until Wednesday.
In boys hoops last night…
• Calumet got past Lake Linden-Hubbell 54-47. Dryden Nelson scored 27 for Calumet. Marcus Sutherland had 16 for the Lakes.
• Jeffers routed Bessemer 71-32. Johnny Schutz led the Jets with 27 points, and Levi Fram added 14. Jack Matrella scored 18 for the Speedboys.
• Ewen-Trout Creek defeated Dollar Bay-Tamarack City 78-43.
• L’Anse lost to Watersmeet 54-56.
• The Houghton-Negaunee contest was postponed – no make-up date has been announced.
On the basketball schedule this evening…
• Both Lake Linden-Hubbell teams welcome Wakefield-Marenisco. The boys varsity will tip off at 6:00, with the girls contest to follow.
In other boys games…
• Hancock welcomes Ontonagon.
In other girls contests…
• Hancock plays at Dollar Bay-Tamarack City.
• Chassell travels to Ironwood.
In high school hockey tonight…
• Houghton entertains Northville – coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Calumet welcomes Novi – coverage starts at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Hancock hosts Brighton.
In hockey tomorrow…
• Houghton hosts Novi in a 1:00 game. Coverage will begin at 12:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Hancock welcomes Northville for a 1:00 game.
• Jeffers entertains Kingsford in a 1:00 contest.
• Calumet hosts Brighton in a 7:00 game. Coverage will begin at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
In high school swimming tomorrow, the Gremlins compete at their own Houghton Splash invitational.
The Michigan Tech hockey team is off this weekend.
The Northern Michigan hockey team hosts Colgate tonight and tomorrow.
The Finlandia University men’s hockey series at Trine University has been postponed because of COVID-19 issues with the Lions. No make-up date has been announced.
The Finlandia women’s hockey team entertains St. Scholastica tomorrow at 7:00.
Both Michigan Tech basketball teams defeated Wisconsin-Parkside last night…
• Ellie Mackay scored a career-best 36 points, as the women earned a 93-76 victory. Mackay fell one point shy of tying Tech’s all-time single-game scoring record. Alex Rondorf added 18 points.
• The men’s team pulled out a 59-53 victory. Carter Johnson and Brad Simonson each scored 11 points. The Huskies limited the Rangers to just one basket in the final two-and-a-half minutes.
The Tech men’s team will host Purdue Northwest tomorrow at 1:00. The women’s game has been canceled because of COVID-19 issues with the Pride.
That COVID problem also claimed last night’s scheduled women’s game between Purdue Northwest and Northern Michigan University. The Wildcats men’s team defeated the Pride 90-59.
Both NMU squads will entertain Wisconsin-Parkside tomorrow.
The Finlandia women’s basketball team scrambled past Wisconsin-Superior 67-62 last night. Katie Lundeen scored 24 for the Lions, and Bailey Froberg added 18. The Lions will host Mount Mary tomorrow at 1:00.
The Finlandia men face the University of Dubuque tomorrow at Wisconsin Dells.
The Calumet Wolverines are on the road this weekend, with games tonight at De Pere, and tomorrow at Fox Cities.
The Portage Lake Pioneers have the weekend off.
The Detroit Red Wings’ game at Anaheim last night was canceled at the last minute because of COVID-19 problems with the Ducks. The game will be made up Sunday. No start time has been announced.
The Wings continue their west coast trip at Los Angeles tomorrow night. Coverage will begin at 10:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons’ offense went cold in a 118-88 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies last evening. Saben Lee led Detroit with 14 points.
The Pistons host the Orlando Magic tomorrow night.
The regular NFL season wraps up Sunday…
• The Detroit Lions host the Green Bay Packers in a 1:00 contest. Hear the broadcast on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Tigers have introduced the new manager for their AA Erie Seawolves farm club. Gabe Álvarez will run the team this year. You may remember him splitting time between the Tigers and Toledo Hud Hens as a third baseman and outfielder in the late ’90s.
Local Sports Broadcasts
• Tonight – hockey – Northville at Houghton – coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Tonight – hockey – Novi at Calumet – coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Tomorrow – hockey – Novi at Houghton – coverage begins at 12:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Tomorrow – hockey – Brighton at Calumet – coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Monday – boys basketball – Negaunee at Calumet – coverage begins around 7:00 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
• Tuesday – hockey – Houghton at Negaunee – because of basketball on 97.7 The Wolf, coverage begins at 5:40 on KBear 102.3.
• Tuesday – boys basketball – Houghton at Hancock – coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.