In high school boys basketball last night…
– L’Anse defeated Houghton 62-56.
– Hancock lost to Ewen-Trout Creek 68-46.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell overwhelmed Watersmeet 75-29. Carter Crouch led the Lakes with 25 points, and Cole Gregoire added 19.
– Dollar Bay-Tamarack City beat Jeffers 57-48.
– Chassell swamped Baraga 71-34.
– Ontonagon outscored Republic-Michigamme 55-22.
In boys action tonight, Calumet welcomes Iron Mountain.
On the girls schedule last evening…
– Calumet downed West Iron County 58-50. Celia Kiilunen scored 15 for the Copper Kings, and Marybeth Halonen scored 10 and grabbed seven rebounds.
– L’Anse lost to Westwood 53-35.
In girls hoops tonight…
– Houghton entertains Negaunee.
– Hancock tips off at Dollar Bay-Tamarack City.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell welcomes Ewen-Trout Creek.
– Baraga travels to Bessemer.
In high school hockey tonight…
– Hancock hosts Rochester. Our broadcast will begin at 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Houghton entertains Livonia Stevenson.
In high school hockey tomorrow…
– Houghton welcomes Rochester. Our broadcast will begin at 1:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com
– Hancock entertains Livonia Stevenson.
In high school swimming tomorrow, Houghton hosts Sault Sainte Marie.
The Finlandia University women’s hockey team skates at Wisconsin-Superior tonight and tomorrow night.
The Finlandia men’s hockey team, and both Lions basketball teams are off this weekend.
Both Michigan Tech basketball teams got off to slow starts, and lost to Wisconsin-Parkside last night. The women’s squad scored only 12 points in the first half, and fell 62-40. No Husky reached double figures in scoring. The men’s team lost 70-53, after scoring only 16 points in the first half. Dawson Bilski led the Huskies with 16 points.
Both Tech teams will entertain Purdue Northwest tomorrow. The women’s game starts at 1:00, and the men tip off at 3:00.
Both Northern Michigan University hoops teams claimed easy victories over Purdue Northwest last evening. The women’s team doubled up the Pride 76-38. The men’s team raced to a 108-69 victory – their highest point total against a Division II team in 25 years. Both NMU teams welcome Wisconsin-Parkside tomorrow afternoon.
The Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan University hockey teams play a home-and-home series this weekend. Tonight’s game begins at 7:00 in Marquette. Tomorrow’s game starts at 7:07 at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena.
The Calumet Wolverines are on the road this weekend. They’ll play at Mosinee tonight, and DePere tomorrow.
The Portage Lake Pioneers are off this weekend.
The Detroit Pistons host the Philadelphia 76ers tonight. Pregame coverage begins at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
Dylan Larkin’s goal midway through overtime gave the Detroit Red Wings a 5-4 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs last evening. Detroit took a 4-1 lead into the third period, but Toronto scored three times off Jonathan Bernier to force the extra frame. Gustav Nyquist had a goal and two assists. The Wings welcome the New York Islanders tomorrow night. Pregame coverage begins at 6:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
In last night’s NFL contest, the Tennessee Titans defeated Jacksonville Jaguars 30-9.
The Green Bay Packers welcome the Atlanta Falcons in a 1:00 game on Sunday. The Detroit Lions visit the Arizona Cardinals in a 4:25 contest. Hear that game on 99.3 The Lift.
Our high school basketball coverage continues Monday, when the Houghton girls entertain Gwinn. The pregame show will start around 7:00 on 99.3 The Lift.
Email sports stories and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.