In high school hockey last night, Hancock mercied Negaunee 8-0.
In hockey today…
– Hancock welcomes Bay Port at 4:00.
– Calumet hosts U of D-Jesuit. Our broadcast will begin at 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
– Jeffers will face the host team in the opening round of the Merrill/East Invitational in Wisconsin. Medford and Rhinelander will meet in the other semi-final tonight. That tournament will wrap up tomorrow.
– Houghton entertains Bay Port at 1:00.
– Calumet hosts U of D-Jesuit again. Our broadcast will begin at 6:40 on KBear 102.3 and KBear102.com.
In boys basketball last evening…
– Calumet shut down Hancock 54-25.
– Jeffers fell to Ontonagon 60-38.
– Chassell stopped Ewen-Trout Creek 56-49.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell overpowered Baraga 76-36.
In boys play tonight, Dollar Bay-Tamarack City travels to Bessemer. That’s a make-up from January 7th.
In boys action tomorrow afternoon, Chassell plays at Lake Linden-Hubbell. That’s also a make-up from January 7th. The JV game will start at 1:00, and the varsity will tip off at 2:30.
In girls basketball this evening…
– Houghton entertains West Iron County.
– Hancock journeys to Iron Mountain.
– Calumet travels to Gwinn.
– Lake Linden-Hubbell hosts Wakefield-Marenisco.
– Jeffers tips off at Baraga.
– Ontonagon welcomes Bessemer.
The Finlandia men’s hockey team hosts the College of Saint Scholastica tonight at 7:15. The Lions will entertain Northland College tomorrow evening.
The Finlandia women’s hockey team entertains Adrian College tomorrow afternoon and Sunday. Our broadcast of tomorrow’s game will begin at 2:55 on 99.3 The Lift and 993TheLift.com.
The Finlandia men’s basketball team plays at Gogebic Community College tomorrow.
The Michigan Tech women’s basketball team lost to ninth-ranked Grand Valley State University 53-35 last night. The Huskies were held to just 15 points in the second half. Ellie Mackay led Tech with nine points.
The MTU men’s team played from behind most of the night, but forced overtime and pulled out a 91-87 victory over the Lakers. Isaac Appleby scored a career-best 21 points for the Huskies. Dawson Bilski added 20.
Both Tech teams will entertain Davenport University tomorrow. The women’s contest tips off at 1:00, and the men’s game will start at 3:00.
The MTU hockey team skates at Bemidji State University tonight and tomorrow night. As part of Hockey Day Minnesota, tonight’s game will be played outdoors, on a rink next to Lake Bemidji. Game time temperature is expected to be 10-below zero, with a windchill of 22-below.
The NMU hockey squad has the weekend off.
Former Husky Tanner Kero is back in the NHL. Kero was called up yesterday by the Vancouver Canucks. Kero appeared in 72 NHL games with the Chicago Blackhawks over the past three seasons, before he was traded to Vancouver last summer.
The Portage Lake Pioneers visit the West Bend Bombers tonight and the Fond du Lac Bears tomorrow night.
The Calumet Wolverines play at Fond du Lac tonight, and West Bend tomorrow.
The Detroit Red Wings begin a western trip tonight with a visit to the Calgary Flames. Pregame coverage begins at 8:40 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Detroit Pistons entertain the Miami Heat tonight.
The NFL Conference Championships will be decided Sunday. The Los Angeles Rams will face the New Orleans Saints for the NFC title at 3:05. The New England Patriots will play the Kansas City Chiefs for the AFC crown at 6:40. Hear both games on 99.3 The Lift.
Email sports stories and game results to firstname.lastname@example.org.