In volleyball today…
• Calumet plays at Houghton. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
• Dollar Bay-Tamarack City travels to Ewen-Trout Creek.
At the U.P. high school soccer championships Saturday…
• In Division One, Houghton fell in the early rounds, losing to Iron Mountain 2-0, and to Kingsford1-0.
• In Division Two, Copper Country Christian defeated Negaunee 2-1 in their semi-final game, then fell to Bayside 3-0 in the title match.
Northern Michigan fell to Notre Dame 5-4 yesterday.
The Tech soccer team won its third straight game, blanking Purdue Northwest 2-0 yesterday. Julia Pietila and Alyvia Sanom scored for the Huskies, and Gracie VanLangevelde earned the shutout in net.
The Red Wings entertain the Kings tonight. Because of NFL football on 99.3 The Lift, coverage of the Wings game will begin at 6:45 on KBear 102.3.
The Pistons begin their regular season Wednesday at home against the Magic. Coverage will begin at 6:35 on 99.3 The Lift.
The Yankees downed the Guardians 4-2. That American League Divisional series is tied 2-2, and will be decided tonight in New York.
• The Packers lost to the Jets 27-10. Aaron Rodgers threw for 246 yards and a touchdown, but Green Bay was held to just 60 yards rushing.
• The Lions had the weekend off.
In last night’s contest, the Eagles remained unbeaten, with a 26-17 victory over the Cowboys.
Tonight, the Broncos visit the Chargers. Kickoff is at 8:15 on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts:
- Tonight – Calumet volleyball plays at Houghton. Coverage will begin around 6:10 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 99.3 The Lift.
- Friday – Calumet football plays at L’Anse. Coverage will begin around 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.
- Friday – Houghton football entertains Gwinn. Coverage will begin around 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.