Click on the bold scores for more details.
The Detroit Tigers had yesterday off. They’ll open a series in Florida against the Rays this evening. Michael Fulmer will start against Matt Andriese. Pregame coverage will begin at 6:45 on AM 1400 and FM 99.3, WCCY.
Eric Thames homered in his fifth straight game, as the Milwaukee Brewers defeated the Chicago Cubs 6-3 last evening. Ryan Braun and Jett Bandy also homered. Chase Anderson gave up three runs over the first two innings, but went on to complete five, and get the win. The Brewers play at Chicago again tonight. Jimmy Nelson will pitch against Brett Anderson.
In baseball, Houghton plays at Hurley this afternoon.
In softball, Baraga plays at Jeffers.
In track, the Lake Linden-Hubbell girls track team took first place at the NMU Division III Dome Invitational yesterday. Other results were not reported.
Today, the Calumet girls, Hancock and L’Anse will be among the teams competing at the NMU Division II Dome Invitational.
The annual Houghton High School All Sports Booster Bash will be held Saturday at the Michigan Tech Memorial Union Ballroom. Tickets are $60.00 per person, and include a buffet dinner, beverages, and dancing to live music. To purchase tickets, contact the Houghton High School Athletic Office at 482-0450 or contact any booster member via their Facebook page.
The community is invited to celebrate Team Copper Country’s national championship at a reception a week from tomorrow at the Dee Stadium Ballroom. The event will run from 5:00 until 8:00. A brief presentation will begin at 6:30. There will also be a spaghetti dinner fundraiser. Meals will cost $5.00 – you do not need to purchase a meal to attend. Members of Team Copper Country and the coaching staff are looking forward to thanking the Copper Country for the support they received during the state and national tournaments.
The Finlandia baseball team entertains Northland College for a doubleheader this afternoon. It’s the first home action of the season for the Lions. The first pitch will be thrown at 1:00.
In the NHL playoffs yesterday…
– The Senators edged the Bruins 4-3 in overtime. Ottawa leads the series 2-1.
– The Maple Leafs got past the Capitals 4-3 in overtime. Toronto leads that set 2-1.
– The Predators slipped past the Blackhawks 3-2 in overtime. Nashville takes a 3-0 series lead.
– The Ducks edged the Flames 5-4 in overtime. Anaheim holds a 3-0 series lead.
– The Canadians play the Rangers. Montreal leads that series 2-1.
– The Penguins face the Blue Jackets. Pittsburgh is up 3-0 in that series.
– The Oilers take on the Sharks. Edmonton holds a 2-1 series lead.
In the NBA playoffs last night…
– The Cavaliers got past the Pacers 117-111. Cleveland leads that series 2-0.
– The Spurs shut down the Grizzlies 96-82. San Antonio is 2-0 in that set.
– The Bulls face the Celtics. Chicago leads that series 1-0.
– The Raptors meet the Bucks. Milwaukee is up 1-0 in that series.
– The Clipper play the Jazz. Utah leads that set 1-0.
Email sports stories and results to email@example.com.